7. Healer wolves

At the wee hours of the night,everyone rested after an exhausting and eventful Annual meeting of the werewolf  council. All Alphas were eager to get out of the castle,some eager to be heading back home,and others just didn't feel safe at the grounds anymore.

The very reason that had Harold awake. He paced through the library with an ancient book in his hand. Its pages worn out from the centuries it had endured.The title read " The healer wolves". Although he knew about them and the fact that they no longer existed. He was aware of it because he was there when the healer race was wiped brutally.

Evolution has an attribute. The one that indicates that every race progresses into perfection. Just like that,centuries ago,the werewolves evolved into a race that was termed as healer wolves. As the name represents,they were able to heal but there was a drawback.

They were not immortal.

They had a short life span,not more than two hundred years. They didn't age just like any werewolf but they died unlike other werewolves.

The wolves were divided. The common wolves became inferior while the healer wolves claimed the hierarchy as the superior.

But evolution just doesn't stop.

Eventually there was a healer born who was able to perform resurrection. This caused chaos everywhere. The witches,vampires,fae,dragons,elves,nymphs every race declared their reservations regarding the resurrector wolf.

His name was Eleazar. Although the healers were kind and compassionate with hearts of gold,Eleazar was quite the contrary. As he grew up,so did his self-conceit.

He started seeing the common wolves as nothing but dust under his feet. He would kill one for merely looking at him.

This caused dispute among the werewolves.

The healers did not question Eleazar as they preferred their heads intact between their shoulders. The oppressed werewolves continued to endure Eleazar as they knew that he would die eventually.

Once a young girl crossed the path Eleazar's horse was treading upon. She was extremely enchanting,so instead of killing her he took her to his palace. What happened to her behind the doors of his chamber was unbeknownst but not entirely unknown. One could expect anything from Eleazar. Her name was Lyla. Eventually she became Eleazar's favourite. He dismissed every mistress and occupied himself in his chambers with the dainty she wolf.

No one was allowed inside his chambers. So there was nothing that could be said about the girl,even if she was alive or dead.

Meanwhile the common wolves rebelled against the healers. Eleazar could not have expected that kidnapping one of them would be the last push they would need. They attacked the castle and since they were greater in number,they easily outnumbered the healers. They killed them mercilessly just like their lord killed their wolves. Their vexation causing the downfall of an entire race of the healers. There was a time they worshipped them but not anymore. Eleazar has simply done enough damage and not much will be allowed to him.

By the time Eleazar was killed,there was no sign of Lyla anywhere.

With the only healer race swiped off and the resurrector dead,the wolves claimed the hierarchy once again,independent of any racialism.

Their were certain signs with which a healer wolf was recognised.

They were purely enchanting and irresistibly captivating.

They had a mark on their body that helped identify them.

Last but not least,all of them were white wolves.

Harold looked up from the book he had been reading since the past couple of hours.His mind conjured up an image of the missing female alpha as she had shifted into a white wolf.

Harold's eyes shut close as if he wanted to dismiss the image from her mind.

If,if by any means,what he was thinking happened to be true,his throne was in jeopardy.

Harold got up from the chair and moved to the window.

'No it's not possible.' He chanted in his head.

Eleazar did not have children and there was no telling if he was even able to reproduce.From what Harold had heard and read,Eleazar was not able to have children. He had dozens of mistresses and none bore him any children.

Lyla.

Could it be?

Harold quickly grabbed the glass of alcohol and downed it in a blink.

No it's not possible.

A/N

Who doesn't loves twist?

Enjoy!