4. His all along

Simon hurriedly ran down the steps. Sylvia's emotions when she mind linked him earlier,made fear settle in his chest. The deadness in her tone was not something gone unnoticed by Simon and he found himself praying that his alpha was not in trouble.

He briskly walked out of the main doors and towards the castle ground. Frantic eyes searched for anything unordinary. Soon enough he spotted the crowd of alphas in the middle of the west grounds.

Fuck.

He tried to appear passive as he excused himself through the crowd until he stood right behind his alpha. Her back was towards him but he could see the stiffness in he posture indicating that something was bothering her vastly. Her shoulders were rigid and her head tilted forward as she stared at the ground ahead of her.

Simon tried to make his presence known to her through the mind-link but her mental barrier was up which made a frown appear on Simon's face.He desperately wanted to comfort her through their bond but she wasn't accepting any of it. Neither was her wolf.

Whatever was bothering her,bothered her wolf too and only one thing could have such effect on her,Simon concluded and soon enough his eyes fell on Alpha Grayson and Alpha Killian who were being escorted by the palace guards towards the circle.

This wad not good.

From the main doors of the castle Lord Harold,Lord Michael and Lord Isabelle walked out. Their capes flew around them wildly as they manoeuvred their way through the castle grounds. Simon tried hard to gather something from their expressions but as expected their faces gave nothing away.

The crowd went silent as it parted to allow all of them in including Alpha Grayson and Alpha Killian.

Simon's eyes followed Grayson's figure as he kneeled down in front of the Lords. It was then that Grayson lifted his eyes up searching for a particular female alpha.

Soon enough he found her but didn't like what he saw. She was staring at the ground frowning as if the ground was somehow uttering hurtful things to her. He wanted to kiss her frown away and lift her chin up.

He wanted to yell at her to never look down again and to never bow her head even the slightest. She was his mate and absolutely no one who belonged to him was allowed to show any hint of weakness.

His eyes met those of her beta. Although he wanted to rip his arms and legs earlier,right now,he was thankful for his attention as he stared back at him with slightly wide eyes.

With a flick of his eyes he indicated towards his sulking mate.

At first Simon thought he just imagined the signal but the glare that followed after a long time as he stood motionless like a dumb wolf brought him back to reality and he whispered something in Sylvia's ear.

Soon enough the female alpha was brought back into reality. The sight she was dreading was right in front of her but one thing was different. She had imagined Grayson with a remorseful expression but the heart fluttering smirk that he gave her begged to differ.

If anything,he looked smug. Oblivious to the impending pain which will be inflicted upon him.

Sylvia glared at him.

Grayson's wolf purred and a growl of approval reverberated in his chest. His wolf and him liked their mate when she was angry. Her otherwise transparent eyes sending daggers at him which he welcomed with a grin.

Sylvia refrained herself from punching him in the face. She wanted to shake some sense into him. She wanted to make him understand the severity of the situation he was in,the pain which will be give to him. She wanted to slap some sense into him and wanted to yell at him that she would never ever be his.