The Start Of The End

Start from the beginning

    "Hey Scott, Cait? You two coming?" Stiles' voice rang out.

    "Yeah." We continued our way to ecom.

    As soon as the bell rang Coach dropped a book on the table. "The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Scott was the only one to raise his hand. I mean I knew the answer was risk and reward but I wanted to see how Coach responded to this.

    "Yes McCall you can go to the bathroom. Anybody else?"

    "Uh, no, Coach I know the answer."

Coach laughs. "Oh, you're serious."

"Yeah, It's risk and reward."

"Wow! Who are you? And what have you done to McCall? Don't answer that I like you better. I like you better. Does anyone have a quarter?" I dig in my backpack but couldn't find one.

"Yep." Stiles says shoving his hand into his pocket. Though a quarter doesn't come out. Instead a XXL condom flies to the floor. Second hand embarrassment fell over me. But on the bright side, I think Stiles might be attractive to gay men. At least based on the look that was on Danny's face.

Coach bends over and picks up the blue metallic square. "Stilinski, I think you uh- you dropped this." Coach hands Stiles the condom. "And congratulations." The whole class laughs but me and Scott. The look on Scott's face is placed between proud that his friend might have gotten laid but also supper shocked and embarrassed for him. I was hiding my face from Stiles, knowing that it was between a suggestive smirk and utterly embarrassed.

"Risk and reward. Put the quarter in the muug, win the reward." Coach places a mug on the ground then walks about four feet away. He blows on the coin for good masseur and aims at the cup. Be bounces the coin on the floor and makes it right into the cup. "That's how you do it. Okay, Danny" He throws the coin to the goalie, "Risk,reward."

"Whats the reward?"

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow."

"Coach it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it."

Coach takes the coin back. "Danny, You know I really expect more form you at this point. Really." He places the coin on my desk. "Holmes. Risk, Reward."

"What's the risk."

"If you don't put the quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop-- the quiz and you have to write an essay. Risk more work. Reward no work. Or chose not to play"

"It's it just chance?"

"No. You know your abilities, your focus, coordination, past experience- all factors affect the outcome. So what's it gonna be Holmes?" I hold the quarter in my hand, even spin in over my thumb. Then I place it on the desk and slide i back to Coach.

"Not this time."

"Okay. Who's next? Who wants the quarter?" Stiles bangs his hand on his desk. "There you go! There's a gamblin' man! Come on Step up Step up."

"5 bucks he doesn't make it in." I say leaning forward so my head was by Scott's ear.

"I'm game." he whispers back.

The door opens and Stiles' father walks in. "Stiles."

"Yeah Coach I got it."

"Stiles." The sheriff repeats. Stiles looks up to see his Father giving him a set of mixed emotions.

"Do I still owe you 5 bucks."

"Yes but only 'cause I'm broke." Scott says back to me as I slip him a five from my bag.