That scared meeee..

Mouh~

One of the reasons why I wanted to meet my grandparents is to build a good relationship with them and leave a strong impression. As I said, I am very much willing to use all the resources available just to survive in this cruel world.  Even though I know Okaasama and Otousama has now a strong attatchment to me,  them walking on the same path as the novel's Mr. And Mrs. Reinhart would be now not so possible, it still better to have a plan B.

I am planning for my future thoroughly that I can't afford any mistakes.

It's better to be cautious.

And seeing the place,  I think I just found my safe place whenever I feel like I'm straying too far from my goal.

My grandparents were surprisingly simple and even asked me and Brent-chan to call them Dad and Mum and to remove all the formalities when talking to them. And now I'm thinking if where on earth did the past Bettina's Okaasama got her nasty attitude and so fixated on status.  Even now,  she's still somehow the same but at least, not that bad. 

And that was only answered when Dad and Mum narrated what happened to Okaasama why she acts like that.  The truth is,  Mum,  in the past was just like Okaasama. Always aims to be on top and to be perfect of everything however as they get older,  Mum realized just what kind of stupid things she did in the past and regrets how she brought Okaasama up. 

Looking down on people below them,  unjust and prideful , that's how Mum used to be.  They are rich and powerful and so she grow up previledged and thought the world is below them.  That's where Okaasama got her character.  And was also passed down to me.

As the saying goes,  history repeats itself. 

It's a cycle.

I mean circle.

It's repetitive that's why,  I won't be surprised why Bettina of the novel grew up like that.

To know your character,  to know yourself or even to know someone, you have to dig deep until you reach the root of all.  Every man's character has a story behind and thus,  you shouldn't judge him or her that easily.  Even in knowing yourself,  your past is the first thing you have to know. Look back,  reflect and learn. That's the whole scheme of life works.

Fearing of becoming someone I'm not me.

Fearing of becoming someone I don't want to be.

I started to know myself more.

My current self.

Not my past self.

Past is all in the past and no matter what I do,  I can't return anymore. And so,  I decided to let go and focused on my current self. 

The Christmas ended and we went back to Renoa. Dad and Mum had given us a lot of souvenirs that it can hardly fit in my luggage.

"Betti-chan,  here~"

Mum called for me and handed me a royal blue box. I took it and opened to see what's inside.

"My~ isn't this a sapphire?"

A sapphire brooch was inside and by the looks of it, it was a hundred year old piece of jewelry. The sapphire was cold to touch that can send chills to ones spine when touched.

According to mum, the sapphire brooch is something a daughter of House Vanté should give to her husband. Vanté is Okaasama's maiden name and is also a wealthy family that dominates the Lirya Province. This Sapphire brooch was supposed to be given to Okaasama and have her give it to Otousama but Okaasama thought it's too old and such thing the don't suit a man of prestige.

I look at the sapphire again and frowned.

It looks great though and..

Expensive hehe.

I wonder how much can I pawn this for?

Hmm.

Hundred thousand?

Or a million?

Keke just kidding.

But I wonder..

Which person will this brooch end up?

(Author's: Hehe)

What happened in Lirya was worth it all. 

I feel satisfied and..

Clearheaded..

*******

Author's: Whooo?  Who's your bet mina?  Hehe.