Chapter 59

I don't know why but I only realized just now that our school don't have any Christmas parties and the sort at all.  Like they don't have such fancy events, except for the high school graduation ball. The novel didn't mentioned about proms also.

Why~ this is too boring ugh.

Does the school isn't aware that these events are the most memorable ones that once we get into college,  we'll have the luxury to look back and recall how good it was to be in highschool?  Ugh can I be the school's chairman or board so that I can propose this kind of events? 

Ah mouh~

"Betti-chan?  Are you ready? "

I snapped back to reality when Okaasama held my hand and asked me.

Well,  you see,  tonight's the Founding Anniversary of Royale Corporation which is ran by the Reinhart family and Otousama as its chairman.  For my grandfather and grandmother from my father's side,  you might noticed that I didn't mentioned about them, the truth is they all passed away leaving all their assets to Otousama.  Otousama was pressured by the fact that this corporation came all the way from our ancestors and this is mainly the reason why Otousama made an abrupt decision of sending me far away just to avoid the wrath of the male lead, in the novel that is.  

Don't even mention that our beloved male lead also pulled some tricks to make my family submit.

Damn male lead!

Hmp!

"Yes,  Okaasama"

Answering shortly, Okaasama lead the way and met with father as well as Brent-chan behind the door, and we made our way to make an entrance.

"Ladies and gentlemen, making their appearance! Please welcome, Mr and Mrs Reinhart of Royale Corporation together with the eldest child,  Bettina Reinhart and te youngest,  Brentton Reinhart~"

Woah~

That surprised me.

The emcee made an announcement of our appearance and lend the microphone towards Otousama so he could make his speach and such.  The founding anniversary celebration are just like any other formal events you could see in tv. And even though I've been to a lot of luxurious and formal events,  I still can't get use to it. I mean,  it's so hard to interact with some business giants with all the formalities and fake smiles.

I just wanna go outside and have some fresh air.

I did as I thought and my feet brought me to a quite rose garden and as I walk in the middle of it,  there is saw a lone and peaceful pavilion in front of a small artificial pond. I went there to sit and upon looking at the pond which was shining so brightly due to the moonlight I suddenly remembered the pond at Mt. An.

It's strange enough that such pond would actually exist in this world. It's not like this world is ran by magic and the sort but this is still similar to the world where I came from.  It's just that,  it is still earth but it is like an earth of a parallel universe which made it  totally different. It's hard to explain,  but yeah that's how it is.

"Oh?  Betti-chi? "

Maxwell-sama whom I forgot that had his family  actually invited by Okaasama to this founding anniversary came suddenly.

"Good day to you, Maxwell-sama.  Thank you very much for coming~"

I greeted him smiling.  He brushed his hair using his hand and smiled while nodding softly.

"Thanks for inviting us here,  Betti-chi. It's an honor"

"Oh why~ It's a pleasure,  Maxwell-sama"