•34•

minjoo
i wake up to the sound of gunshots. i was about to reach for my butterfly knife from under my pillow when i hear a voice.

"hey! if you're gonna shoot, shoo-"
"shoot in the gun range, not the backyard we know taeyong hyung." i hear the sound of jisungs disappointed voice.

oh i probably didn't close the window before i went to sleep.

i stand up and, wobbly, walk up to the bathroom connected to my room. oh god. i take in my appearance in the mirror.

hair a big, tangled mess, marks of dark purple and hints of green on my neck down, smeared makeup, and a wrinkly dress.

oh jeez i'm still wearing my heels too- get yourself together minjoo! i turn back around to go fix myself when my vision became shaky. i didn't sleep the drug off?? before i could even process my thoughts, i slam on the floor right between the cold tiles of the bathroom and the hardwood floor of my room. ouch. it's nice down here i'm gonna stay for a bit...

right as i was about to go back to sleep on the floor, i feel the thumping of footsteps vibrating on me, my door slams open, waking me up.

i groan when i see everyone, minus jeno, mark, and hendery, in my room. all their eyes turn to me and i see some of them sigh in relief.

"you worried us sweetie- why are you on the floor?" doyoung shoves his handgun in the waistband of his pants and sighs out.
"i uh like it down here?"
"don't bullshit us minjoo. we're not that dumb." hyuck rolls his eyes.

"we're not?" i hear jisung whisper into yangyangs ear.

"i just had a bit of the drug yesterday it's no big deal- what the fuck was that shit?! it's so strong!" i direct my question to the boy who made the drug.
"the man was giant! it needed to be strong!" taeil shrugs his shoulders when taeyong raises his eyebrow at him.

"so- erm i'm fine down here ahaha... too.. tired... to.. get.... up" i dramatically place my hand over my forehead and i'm practically ripped off of the cool floor.
"cmon eat something." renjun grabs my waist to steady me.

i hear a couple 'ooh's and i see a couple of the members roll their eyes.

"taeil. go make something for minjoo to get better- kun." the boys turn to the leader.
"make some soup for the poor girl.. also minjoo, please, for the children and your parents, change into a hoodie or something."

i notice that some of the guys, including renjun who was still holding me, were trying their hardest not to look at my exposed chest when my the words came out of taes mouth.

i gasp and turn around, too quickly for my own good, and shoo them away with my hand. everyone leaves except for renjun.

"i can leave if you want but i just want to make sure you get ice for your- erm bruises i guess." he says while shielding his eyes with his free hand.

that's sweet.

"thanks jun, but you can leave! i promise it doesn't hurt anyway." following my words, he nods and walks out the door.

before he left fully, he lingers at the doorway.

"if you need anything, i'm your guy. okay?"
"okay. thank you."

...

after showering and changing, i'm just opening and closing apps on my phone out of boredom.

"minjoo! come down to eat please!" i hear kuns silky voice call out with his slight, adorable accent.
"coming!"

i try to walk down the stairs as fast as i can. don't judge, i'm starving.

i reach the dining room to see a couple of the boys doing their own thing. xiaojun sitting next to where i always sit, also eating some soup, johnny waiting by the microwave as the small hum of the machine could be heard, and sicheng grabbing a bag of chips.

huh no one's here for breakfast? what time is it then? as if it knew, the microwave beeps. i look over and see the blue numbers flashing. 1:32pm. oh. i slept in.

i just sit down and start to sip on my soup, not wanting to start any conversations in the, basically silent, room.

i'm almost done when the door opens and lucas walks in with a glass half empty and a small circular pill.

"mr. moon wanted me to deliver this." he smiles and lightly sets the glass down next to me.
"thanks-"
"of course!"

...

i clean up the table, already feeling much better, and i start walking up the stairs.

"yo wait up!" lucas speed walks to me.

we just walk together in silence and quickly get to my room.

"i'm coming inside."

we both just plop down on my bed, me practically laying on the giant puppy.

"so- you know how i uh kissed you to give you the pill- i'm SO sorry about that by the way." he puts up his pinky and wraps it around mine.
"i promise. but about the kiss, you know how you kissed me that one time while we were sparring? yeah this one was different."

i give him a confused look.

"i think i genuinely like you- but at the same time, i might like jungwoo."
"woahh really??"
"please don't freak out! i know it's weird- i'm trying to figure myself out too, to be honest. i had to get it off my chest. so please act like i never told you. i'd rather keep that best friend relationship with you..."
"i- of course! take your time to figure out. either way i love you! no awkwardness- i promise." he smiles at my reply and gives me a bear hug.

"i love you too- my best friend." we just stay like that, me eventually falling asleep in his tight grip.

unedited

sorry, bad chap- itll get more interesting soon i promise. thank you for reading if you made it to this chapter. i love and appreciate you guys.  💚 stay safe