•17•

minjoo
it's nearing 4am and i still can't sleep. i'll just go drink some water or something...

i quietly go into the kitchen to be met with donghyuck sitting on the counter.

"oh.. hey..."
"uh. hi."

there's an awkward silence.

"why do you hate me? like i hate stray kids now just as much as you do. what's your problem??"
"tch." he just rolls his eyes

"hello??"
"you think it's easy for me to trust you? you killed my best friend." he whisper yells at me, not trying to wake up the members.
"i wasn't even there! plus what can a 'useless girl' like me do anyway??"

"look i'm- ugh why am i apologizing to you" he shoves his face in his palms.
"you don't have to say it. i can tell it's hard for you to say sorry.. just treat me like a member because i'm gonna try my best to stay here. what my old 'members' did was wrong. and i'm so sorry on their behalf. please... let's get along?"
"y-yeah."

i sit on the counter next to him and we talk for a couple minutes. he jumps down and says,

"we should head back up before the sun rises... let's get a little sleep."
"alright."

we walk in silence and we reach our rooms.

"don't tell anyone that i 'apologized'."
"of course."

"goodnight.."
"mhm." he responds, barely.

...

i wake up and check the time. 10 o clock.. not bad. I head downstairs to go to the kitchen to the dining room and see the boys chatting and eating like usual.

"hey minjoo i never got to ask but, how was training yesterday?" taeyong asks
"ha i beat her tiny ass!" lucas exclaims.
"listen here big guy! i'm not that tiny!"

we go back and forth like that for a bit when we hear jeno sigh.

"i swear if they keep bickering like that i'm not gonna let the girl in nct.. they were like that yesterday after the match too!"

the rest of the members laugh at our childishness and continue doing what they were doing. i sit down next to johnny and ten and start to eat.

...

we're all hanging out in the living room after eating lunch when yangyang pulls out a game.

"kun hyung said that one of us have to go grocery shopping!"

a bunch of groans were heard.

"i'll go! i wanna get some stuff anyway." i ruffles my hair.
"i don't think you can go alone... let's play a game to see who has to go with her!"

...

they played uno for an hour and donghyuck, lucas, and winwin were the losers. they played a game of rock paper scissors, and donghyuck ended up losing. i wasn't as disappointed as i would've been if we didn't "clear things up" earlier.

when donghyuck lost, chenle, johnny, and doyoung glanced at each other and smirked when hyuck and i weren't complaining.

we walk to the garage after getting the list from kun. donghyuck hops on a gorgeous black motorcycle with streaks of neon green on the sides.

"are you coming?"
"yeah my bad, this is gorgeous..." i say in awe
"of course.. i designed it and yuta made it!"

he starts the bike and begins to go down the street.

"i was going slow for you but it's too boring. grab on me so i can go fast!" his eyes shine like a kid in a candy store.
"okay, just don't kill me."

i wrap my arms around his waist, surprisingly small, and tighten my grip when he begins to go faster. i unknowingly feel his abs and my eyes widen.

"isn't this fun!"
"err... kinda"
"oh yeah. you can't drive yet... sucks for you!"

...

we make it to the store, safely surprisingly, and we don't split up because the last time i did that, lucas almost killed me. as i was grabbing the rest of the list, donghyuck says

"i'm gonna go get snacks for the dreamies i'll be right back."

i'm aimlessly walking around the frozen food aisle when i see two boys with black hair. i look a little closer just to find out that it was chris and han.

oh god. not right now! i think as the two started to walk up to me.

"hey."
"what."
"woah woah woah no need to be rude baby girl. we're gonna help you out of that shit hole."
"what?? ho-"

"yeah no. you guys disappeared when minjoo was taken. now all of a sudden you want her back?? please." donghyuck cuts me off, scoffing.

"you know nothing. give us the girl."
"fuck off. she's mine." the tan boy growls.

"you guys think that you get to have me back tHAT easily?? you killed my dad, stole me from my family- NEVER told me and had the audacity to call me one of your own??" i roll my eyes.

han draws a gun grabbing the few people in the stores attention. instinctively, i pull out the dagger in my waistband as donghyuck pounces on chan, being the impulsive boy he is. i'm able to strike hans cheek with the small dagger but he barely even flinches.

i turn to see donghyuck and chan wrestling on the floor, and no one seems to be winning. han took my distracted state to shoot my leg.

donghyucks eyes go wide as he flips chan on his back and hits a nerve on his neck so chan passes out. he carries me and throws me on the motorcycle, holding me in one arm, driving with the other.

...

renjun
donghyuck busts open our door and frantically starts screaming for the medical team with a passed out minjoo in his arms.

"DUDE WHAT HAPPENED?!" i yell out
"I- I DON'T REALLY KNOW! A MEMBER OF STRAY KIDS SHOT AT HER AND- AND I WAS BUSY FIGHTING OFF THE OTHER ONE- AND I COULDN'T-"
"CALM DOWN HAECHAN.. breathe!"

taeil grabs minjoo off of the panicked boy while i try to calm him down.

"don't worry about her bro... you know how good our medics are.. she'll be fine."
"i know but it's just like how i couldn't save hansol..." he says with tears in his eyes.
"i'm not gonna let these tears fall. i'm no weak bitch. right. i barely know this girl." he whispers, almost to himself.

a/n- we gettin back to the long chapters babes! we got a bit of character development here!