•9•

chenle
right as mina crosses the street, i see chittaphons car pull up in front of me. i hop in the passenger side and unknowingly smile.

"hey kiddo, how was your date?" he wiggles his eyebrows and pokes at my arm.
"wh-what?? what are you talking about? i was here alone!"
"bro you suck at lying. i saw you hug a girl. is she pretty? such a shame i only saw her back" he says while shaking his head.

"hyung don't be weird she's 17"
"ahh so you were with her?"
"i- i mean whaaat??.." i trail off knowing i can't lie to one of my members.
"her name is mina. she's 17 and she helped me when someone was attacking me in an alleyway that one time i went to the store!"

"do you have a picture?"
"yeah actually! we took one today"

ten hyung takes a quick glance at my phone and faces the front of the car, as he was still driving. after a second of silence he pulls over and turns back to face me.

"show me that one more time?" he says slowly.

i didn't question it before showing him again maybe he just wants a better look.

"chenle do you know who that is?"
"uh yeah? it's mina"
"child listen to me closely. that's not mina. that's bang minjoo."

what?

...

minjoo
"it was me."

i turn around to see chan.

"how could you kill someone??"
"han was in danger i had to-"
"how do you know if nct was going to do anything to him? how could you just-"
i say, slightly raising my voice.

sigh

"hyung please leave. i haven't finished telling minjoo what happened. i don't want you to stress her out" changbin says.

he turns around to look at me and says
"please just listen to the rest"
"fine"

"they were mad. like they went crazy. one of their members took the guy away while the rest went batshit insane on us. injuring every single one of us till we could barely walk. they went back and told sm. that's when our rivalry started, not because of our founders. but their member isn't the only one that died..."

"you guys killed someone else too!?" i said, half expecting him to say no.

"yes joo.. we were dumb and wanted to "prove our power" to jyp so we assassinated their founder." he said, sounding guilty.

"but they killed jyp not long after. we have a new boss, who's name is also jyp, from our senior group, got7. that's why we hate each other so much."

"i- i'm kind of speechless... so what are they going to do now?"
"they're trying to get to you."

...

chenle
"wHAT?!"

ten stayed silent as i processed this information in my head. right as i was about to bombard him with questions, he turns around and SPEEDS over to the base.

...

chittaphon
after we got inside, i took chenles phone and dragged him with me to taeyong and jaehyuns shared room.

"taeyong hyung. chenle has had contact with minjoo for a couple of days and they even hung out together."

i put chenles phone in front of our leaders face.

"chenle. explain." he says, tone laced with anger.
"i-i didn't know it was her i SWEAR! she helped me out one time and we became friends! sh-she told me her name was mina i promise i didn't know it was her"

i lightly tap chenle on the back signaling him to stop rambling.

"call everyone inside, it's time for a meeting"

...

taeyong
"so chenle has been talking to minjoo"

i look around to see my members murmuring amongst themselves. they all take glances at the 18 year old.

"she told him her name was mina. this is her new number. and a picture of them together to see exactly what she looks like at the moment."

silence

"we will be taking her soon. chenle,"

everyones attention turns to him as he looks at me.

"the next time you meet, put this tracker on her clothes or something."

we'll get back at stray kids soon.

...

minjoo
"why"
"they want revenge."
"but didn't they get their revenge by killing jyp?"
"i- i guess they don't think that's enough"

but why me? this story doesn't seem right? what are you guys hiding?

...

it's 4 am and i still can't go to sleep. random thoughts are swimming in my head. does chenle know? ugh this is so stressful

i think of random things for a couple of minutes until one specific thought comes into my head.

why can't i remember how stray kids found me. or my family... what's going on.