Twenty Six

I stretched my back as I stood on the floor of Grayson's bedroom

I stretched my back as I stood on the floor of Grayson's bedroom. Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I look around in the empty cold room. I was alone.

The events of yesterday were still fresh in my mind. The hurt feeling in my heart towards Stephen. For years I felt like I deserved his hatred or pitied glances but now, I hated the man.

For fooling me for ten years.

While Grayson rocked me back to sleep yesterday, whispering sweet things into my ear, I felt numb. I think it was because the rush of emotions and thoughts that consumed me was just too much for me to mentally handle.

So I cried and cried in his arms until I fell asleep. Shaking away the bad thoughts, I brushed my teeth and bolted down the staircase. I was impatient to find out what the hell was going to happen. Justice was about to be served and I had to make sure about that. I needed to find Grayson. I needed to bring my parent's pack to me.

I hear Lisa talking in the kitchen and I followed her voice there. Clearly, I was still upset that she never told me this. She could have told me all these years, she let me be depressed while I was taking care of a teen.

My eyes widened and instantly told myself this wasn't real. There was no way she was in front of me.

"M-Mom?"

It seemed so foreign, seeing the woman with similar facial features as me, sitting on the bar stool with a cup of tea in her hand, talking with Lisa. she laughed, her eyes squinted but still held happiness in them.

When she turned to face me, I almost gasped. She was real. "Oh, my lovely child," she awed, resting the cup down on the sofa and made her way to me.

My mother pulled me into my hug and despite being too frozen and confused I hugged her back so tightly. "You're here, you're actually here," I admitted out loud, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"What happened? How are you here? Where are dad and Dix?" I blurted out, my head already hurting from all of this but I felt so elated that she was in front of me.

Her eyes softened slightly, her fingers running through my hair and I frowned when I thought of it. "H-He's okay right?" I begged her to say yes. That he was just sleeping or doing something outside of the castle.

She frowns as well," he got attacked on the way here, he is in the hospital and he's going to be okay. Dixie and West haven't left his side," she softly says. I felt relieved, that means he was getting help and he was going to be okay. Not only did I have my mother back but they both were alive and well.

"Where is Grayson?" I asked, looking behind us to see Lisa smiling at our interaction. "He's doing some king stuff," she answered, taking her hands out of my hair. My eyebrows furrowed at that. "King stuff?" I questioned. "Honey, the only way to get us out of the forest was for Grayson to tell the truth to his people and become king. It didn't happen easily but Stephen was put away and Grayson saved us," she explained. My heartwarming how brave Grayson was. Did he become the king for me?

Why would he do that?

"That boy really loves you," my mother answered my thoughts and I smile sadly. "I need to see him," I felt guilty saying that knowing that my mother was here after not seeing her for ten years. "You will later," she pulled me into another hug and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so proud of you, you know that? You took care of Dixie, you threw away your teenage years and you matured mentally way before you should of, I'm so proud of you," she tells me and I hug her even tighter.

"I'm so happy you're here, I missed you so much," I finally allowed more tears to slide down my cheeks. She sighed," I know, baby. I thought about my children every day."

Lisa soon left and gave my mother and me more time to catch up. Apparently, on the way back to the castle the car was attacked by rogues and my father got hurt while saving everyone in the car. I wasn't to visit him so soon but I felt better knowing Dixie and Westlee were with them.

_♤_

The living room door open and shut. I peel my eyes away from the television to see who had come in.

When I saw his beautiful soft eyes, I jolted off the couch and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his neck with my legs around his waist. "Gray," I softly whispered, my eyes watering. I hadn't seen him in so long.

"Yes, love?" He cooed, wrapping his arms around my waist, keeping me to him. "You saved them," I breathlessly say, pulling my head out of his neck to look at his eyes. "I'm so sorry it took me so long to know what happened, I should have asked about it as soon as I got here," Grayson apologized and I tried my best not to think of that possibility.

Things would have been so different.

"They're here now, that's all that matters so thank you, your highness," I grinned, wanting to feel our lips together.

Mischief glinted in his eyes and I notice the smirk tugging the corner of his lips. He opened his mouth to say something but someone cleared their throat behind us took my attention.

My jaw left loose as I saw him, standing there with his bandaged arms and hands that were tucked into the pockets of his pants.

"Dad?"

Grayson let go of me and I bolted to my dad, his arms wrapping around me first and I copy him. "You're out of the hospital," I obviously say since he was standing in front of me.

"Yes I am, I nearly couldn't recognize you," his eyes glassed as we stared at each other. "You've gotten so big, sunshine. I'm so proud of you," he whispered the last part and hugged me again, afraid of letting go.

_♤_

After my father and I talked, it was instructed by Dixie who was following the doctor's orders for him to get rest. Grayson pulled me next to him and wrapped an arm around my waist as we sat on the sofa, watching the movie with Dixie and Westlee when I started to feel sleepy.

"Come on, let me get you in bed," Grayson whispered, sliding his other arm around my body and we stand up, ready to go upstairs. "Easy their tiger," Westlee winked in our direction, clearly taking the suggestion the wrong way. Dixie snorts, bending her head back in laughter. "Please! You would have to give that girl centuries before she gets naked," Dixie said. I knew it was a joke and I knew it shouldn't hurt my feelings but it did.

Why did it? I shouldn't care what anyone has to say even if that person is my sister.

"You're wrong, Dixie. It wasn't that difficult at all," Grayson defended, throwing a wink at her before spinning us around and walking up the staircase.

"I'm sorry about that," Grayson apologized, finally breaking the silence as I lay down on the bed. "I understand, thank you for that," I say instead, trying to make him feel better in my sleepy state.

"Okay," he whispered and kissed my forehead. "Sleep with me, I like it when we sleep next to each other," I mumbled, feeling a yawn coming on. I think my sleepiness was making me too honest.

Grayson grinned, throwing himself on the bed and under the blanket with his head on the pillows. "I like it when you're next to me too," he admitted in a whisper, sliding his hand under mine and around my waist. I sighed out, finally allowing the darkness to welcome me into dreamland.

This is the last chapter ever before the epilogue :(