Eight

"Queen Lisa," I spoke, shocked to see her

"Queen Lisa," I spoke, shocked to see her. I guess she wasn't expecting us either because she kept looking at us as if we weren't supposed to be here.

Because we weren't.

"I was just about to bake some cookies," she excitedly said as she began to search through the huge cupboards for her ingredients. Westlee and I looked at each other before looking back at the queen. "That's alright, I can do it," I brushed her off and placed my glass on the countertop so I could stop her from taking any of the ingredients out. "Don't be silly, El, what are you doing here anyways Lee?" The queen said the last part carefully as she glared gently at the guy behind me.

"I'm with Elaria, we're planning on doing some mischief," he grinned and I threw daggers at him. It would honestly be difficult to know if he was lying or not. "Your highness it's really no problem for me to make the cookies," I changed back the topic. "Honey, your the king's helper not mine, if you want you can help me because it is your mother's recipe," the queen offered. I wondered why she was speaking of my mother so casually when she tried to kill her husband. "Yes, we'll love to," Westlee said for me, and for once I don't disagree with something he said.

I had all the extra flour ready to put back into the flour bucket. When I turned around, eyeing the flour so it doesn't spill, I walked into a hard wall. Looking up, I realized that it wasn't a wall. It was Westlee. "Westlee," I whispered, captured in his stunned and shocked eyes. Westlee stepped forward and I stepped backward, my back hitting the countertop. However, I knew I should have moved away or pushed him but my eyes stayed captivated in his. Even though his eyes were now laced with anger, I think, and his jaw was clenched and his body was stiff.

I felt a safe aura around us. Westlee pressed his hand onto the countertop and I inhaled sharply as he pressed our bodies together. "West," I let out when I felt his hard chest pressed on mine. "You're making deals with the devil, Elaria," he whispered but due to the close distance, I heard him loud and clear. Suddenly, a wide smile breaks out on his lips and his arms are raised. White powder was being dusted onto my hair and now my face since I looked up in bad timing. "Westlee!" I screamed with my fists clenching.

Westlee grinned as he stepped away, far from me and he took the floor with him. I bent my head and tried to dust the flour off. "It was a mistake!" I whined. "You two are acting like children," my head snapped to the queen who was flicking her eyes to Westlee and me with her arms folded across her chest and disbelief in her eyes but I could tell she wasn't serious and she almost meant it as a joke. That was a relief because if she was serious, that would be hell.

"Stop looking so scared, El, Lisa is the coolest mom I know," Westlee assured me with a silly grin. "You're such a pain, Westlee," I groaned, ignoring his previous comment.

_♤_

I wipe my eyes but no matter how many times that I do, the tears never stopped falling. I miss them. I miss them so much. I thought hating them would fix everything but it doesn't. I only feel terrible for saying such things about the people who raised me. My hand was now clamped over my mouth because I didn't want Dixie to come in here and see me like this. I had to be strong for both of us but who am I kidding?

The constant reminder of my parents was only doing me bad. I wished I have more memories of them. But the ones that I do have with them I can't believe that they are the same people that tried to kill their king.

My mother would never do such a thing. Charities were one of her main things and even for rogues, she cared for them. She was one of those people who would say sorry even though they aren't guilty. She lit up a room by how gentle and kind she was.

My father was a playful one that always loved to make me smile. Anyone for that matter. He loved his family endlessly and loved his role with the king. They were close friends, how could he try to kill the king?

All of this doesn't make any sense. We were forced to believe that our parents were murders and they were killed before their acts.

We didn't even get to say goodbye.

Westlee Rique

The stupid smile was still on my face even after Elaria had gone off to finish her work cleaning the guest bedrooms. I told her she didn't have to and could continue her day with me but she insisted. She probably thought about what power I had. She knew nothing about me and I wanted to change that but what could I tell her? Nobody knows the truth. When they ask I don't answer because I hate lying.

To her, I was a boy wearing hoodies amongst gods wearing robes, suits, and gowns.

"I hope you're not fooling around with the sweet and innocent girl, she is been through a lot for someone like you to hurt her," Queen Lisa spoke while putting the cookies away. I stared at the woman with disbelief. "I won't hurt her, there is something about her that I can't even begin to explain..." I say more to myself as my mind runs back to her smile and her beautiful eyes. "Westlee, please stay away from the girl, you're going to hurt her,"

"Why do you say that?" I asked, trying to contain my anger. My hands rolled into fists and I didn't need to look at my fists to know my knuckles were going white.

"Because you'll run again," she simply stayed and walked out of the kitchen.

•••
I really want to write more of Westlee's POVs because you should know about his situation and why he is at the palace already but I think I'll do those after when the truth is uncovered.

Any ideas though?