Eleven

"Hello," Westlee announced his entrance into the kitchen

"Hello," Westlee announced his entrance into the kitchen. Everyone stopped moving, we just froze, shocked that he had entered. "What are you doing here, Lee?" I asked, cursing myself for calling him, Lee. "I wanted to watch you guys cook breakfast," he grinned," go along," his eyes were on mine, not leaving mine to look at anyone else. "With all the respect, sir, we don't need any spectators," Cody clenched his jaw from where he was standing beside me. "I really don't like that guy," Westlee groaned, flicking his eyes to Cody for a second.

"Westlee!" I scolded him with wide eyes. Renee and the other two continued cooking, ignoring Westlee since he wasn't a royal, they didn't care. "Fine, I'll go, find me later alright?" He suggested. I nodded, even though I probably won't, just to get him out of the kitchen. "Bye, El," he smiled, showing off his cute dimples before turning around and walking out of the kitchen. "Your boyfriend is annoying," Cody flatly told me. "He's not my boyfriend!" I groaned. What's with everyone today thinking something is happening with Westlee and me? First, it was Prince Grayson, then Dixie, and now Cody.

"Whatever you say," Cody sighed before we continued making breakfast.

_♤_

Humming the tunes in my head as I finished washing the dishes from lunch, I was happy that I got to leave early again today. Finally, I decided to be productive and get some grocery shopping done. "I thought you said you'd find me," I turn around to see a pouting Westlee, once again in the kitchen. At least I was alone this time. I was in fact trying to avoid him today. Maybe if he stops seeing me all the time would realize I'm just a boring innocent girl.

"Westlee, I don't get why you enjoy my company, you're probably the only one," I sighed, wiping my hands on the towel before turning around to completely face him. "Well that's actually good to hear because I don't like to share," he grinned, walking towards me. "Why do you look sad today? Was it because of last night because I didn't mean for us to fall asleep," he rambled. I shook my head, forcing him to stop talking. "No, not that. It's just Dixie and I sort of got in a fight this morning," I frowned, remembering breakfast with her this morning.

"You guys are pretty close, huh?" He noticed. I nod slowly, we were the closest pair of sisters you could find. At least I thought so. "She's been keeping secrets," I blurted out, not knowing why I was talking to Westlee about this anyway. "Hm, well she is a teenager and probably doesn't know what she's doing," Westlee suggested and he was completely correct. "How about we go to the park?" He changed the subject, trying to make me feel better. "I'm actually going grocery shopping," I sighed annoyed. I was beginning to dislike grocery shopping.

"Let me come with you!" He cheered. "And what is in it for me?" I asked. Westlee groaned bending his head back. "Fine, I'll play twenty questions with you, and I promise I'll answer them truthfully," he groaned. My eyes lit up, I can finally get to know him better. "Deal!" I said, grabbing his hand and pulling us both out of the kitchen.

Only to freeze in my tracks. The queen and prince were staring right back at us, Grayson wiggling his eyebrow when he noticed Westlee was almost pressed against my back with our hands linked at my side. "Your highness, prince Grayson," I nod my head in respect. Grayson scowled," I told you, Elaria, call me Grayson. If you don't I'll sentence you to death," he threatened jokingly with a hint of seriousness in his voice. "No, he won't," Westlee corrected behind my back.

"Where are you two leaving in such a hurry?" The queen asked, glaring at us. Oh shit. I have a feeling she doesn't like me sometimes. "Out, Lisa. I'll be back tonight," Westlee huffed at the interrogation before tightening his grip on mine and pulling me out of the main hall.

_♤_

"Do you miss your sister?" I asked, remembering he told me once she was in Barbados. "I guess, I haven't seen her in probably seven years so I guess we forget about each other," he shrugged his shoulders. "Where were you?" I asked him, the question I've always wondered. Westlee dropped the pancake mix into the cart before turning around and answering," Ireland. Beautiful place," he sighed.

"So why did you come here?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Well, El, when you're a rogue and you make friends with the prince and he invites you to live with him for free, how can you say no?" I thought about it while choosing which syrup to buy and I guess it would make sense but I still wondered how close he and Prince Grayson truly were. "I guess, your parents didn't mind?" I asked. "My mom and dad don't really know where I am right now and I don't want to get into that, at least not right now," he frowned.

"Sure, I understand. I guess it's your turn," I sighed. I was probably going to regret this. "How well are you at the whole doctor's stuff?" He asked his first question. "Well, I know a lot. I'm basically just doing these extra two years so I can get the certificate but besides that, I'd say I'm qualified to be an actual nurse if I wanted to," I shrugged my shoulders. "What do you think about mates?" He asked cautiously. My eyes snapped to his, I was certainly shocked since I wasn't expecting that one at all. "Haven't given it much thought, honestly," I sighed. Not knowing how to react to that.

"That's fine..."

"You?" I nervously asked. "It's a difficult topic..." he trailed off with an annoyed sigh as if he remembered a bad memory. "Understood," I smiled as we moved along to the other isle.

We got groceries done through our questions. I knew we played the game wrong but neither of us said anything. I was grateful that Westlee came with me because I had transport instead of taking the bus and it wasn't as boring and exhausting as usual. Westlee made everything fun and exciting. "See you tomorrow?" He asked as I shut the door of his car. "Deal," I grinned before running into the apartment complex, my hands filled with groceries.

"Dix! I'm home!" I announced, dumping all the bags on the kitchen counter. "Please tell me you bought eggos," she walked into the kitchen, already started rummaging through the bags. I snapped her away and she faked a whimper," I didn't because that's you're punished for being a complete dick this morning," I tell her, meaning every word.

"Yeah you're right, I was rather mean," she sighed, frowning. I rolled my eyes and pulled out the brand new box of eggos. "Duh, I'm always right!" I screamed.