Twenty one

I will be using their rightful names

I will be using their rightful names. Grayson is the actual prince and Westlee is the pretend prince.

"Elaria?" Dixie called for me. It has been a couple of days since I was fired from my job and I have been religiously cleaning my entire apartment. I'm really thinking of upgrading it since I can afford it and we deserve more space but seeing as I needed a job, I don't want to waste any money.

"Someone is here to see you," she softly says and I listened in for the other heartbeat that I recognized as Grayson's beating harshly in his chest. "Elaria?" He spoke up and I froze. "We need to talk," Grayson continued but I remained frozen.

The only thing I could think about was that he lied to me. Sure he had probably had a good explanation but I felt hurt that he didn't trust me enough as I thought he did. "No thank you," I say back and I hear him sigh. My door pushes slightly and I could tell he was leaning against it.

"I need space, I can't do this now," I say truthfully. The wound was still so fresh and I needed time. Even though I really wanted answers. "I'm so sorry I hurt you, El, I never meant for this to happen," I hear him softly say and my heart breaks a little. All I wanted to do was open the door and comfort him.

"But it did," my jaw clenched. I stormed to my door and pulled it open, Grayson stumbled but sobered himself. His eyes softened as he scanned my body. "Can you please leave?" I softly asked. I glanced at Dixie in the doorway with Westlee wrapped around her. "Can I explain first?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Take a bloody hint, Westlee, I don't want anything to do with you right now," I snapped at him, his eyes widening and his mouth opened to say something but no words flew out. "You don't mean that," he denied and I rolled my eyes.

"Get out of my apartment, Now!" I point at the door. Grayson backed away slightly but doesn't walk. "El, you need to calm down, I know keeping that secret was terrible but it wasn't my secret to tell," he frowned, his eyes showing me how vulnerable he was in front of me.

And then it dawned on me, he thinks I'm reacting like this because of Dixie and Westlee.

I laugh, I actually laughed. I couldn't stop myself. Grayson looked at me with furrowed brows, confused as to what I was doing. "I think you should go," I softly say, followed by a tired sigh. His eyes softened as he stared at me before a defeated look comes over him and walked out the door.

"Or should I say Grayson?" I more like stated than ask. His whole body visibly froze, I'm sure his face had fallen. However, he quickly spins around. "What are you talking about?" He asked, his chocolate eyes looking into mine as he gulped. I rolled my eyes, before answering. "I know that you lied to me, a lot. I know that I trusted you and I let you into my bubble and now you made me regret it," I bravely stated as the tears stopped flowing but the lump in my throat only enlarged.

"I-I," His eyes moved around, never settling on one thing. I put my hand in front of him," just get out, Grayson," I hopelessly say, my voice breaking and everything in between. I felt defeated and tired.

"Just let me explain," he says instead and I was begging to grow angry. "Get the hell out of my apartment!" I scream at him, the knives in the kitchen rose and appeared at my sides. His eyes widened as the green electric fog appeared around my hands. Grayson turned around and walked out of my apartment, shutting the door behind him.

My shoulders slumped in relief and all the knives dropped to the floor as my hand returned at my sides.

"Elaria," Westlee objected. I look up at them, their sorry and soft eyes staring at my breaking down body. "What? You thought that I got scared of you and gave you my sister?" I snapped at him. Dixie's eyebrows furrowed and I almost laugh.

He didn't tell her. Of course, he wouldn't. "I'm not scared of you, kill me as your father did to my parents, I don't care," I spit my words at him before I sobered myself and stormed off into my room.

Wait, those people aren't even his parents.