Five

Friday

Friday.

I was one step away from going home and never coming back to the castle for the next two days. I just had to mop the hallway of the guest bedrooms and then I'm done. My body was exhausted from all the dusting down and rearranging I've done all day. Just one more thing away, Elaria.

Shawn Mendes was stuck in my head, causing me to hum the words of 'Treat You Better' as I worked fast on the floors. At the back of my head, I thought I heard someone call out for me. I ignored it and continued since I didn't have the energy to pay attention today. "Pst," I hear someone faintly call out causing me to look around me. No one. Someone's messing with me? No, it's probably nothing.

"Pst!" I heard again. That's it. I look around the empty room to see nobody. This was getting annoying. I turn my head back to the mop bucket only to snap my head in the direction of the door," Elaria!" Someone whispered.
I groaned, finally gave in to the voice, and walked into the room where the sound was coming from, all the way into the other room. My eyes widened when I saw Prince Grayson and Westlee standing in front of me. My eyes lingered on Westlee to his smug smile and his bleeding shoulder. "Your Highness," I nod towards Grayson before turning to Westlee, "What the hell happened?" I asked him and felt the need to make sure he was alright. Which he clearly wasn't.

"Um," Westlee scratched the back of his head, hesitating to answer the question or thinking about how to. His entire arm of the blue jersey he was wearing was now red and blood continued to drip down his arm. This was serious. "Just help him alright? Stephen can't see this," the prince pleaded.

Of course, I gave in.

"Sit," I ordered and took off my long sleeve coat so I could concentrate better. I look up to see Westlee and Prince Grayson staring at me shocked, more specifically my body. "Boys," I scoffed, grabbing their attention and they look away. "Sorry," Prince Grayson mumbled as Weslee took his seat on the bed. I grabbed the first aid kit since I knew exactly where it was, in the cupboards in the bathroom. Using a quick reflex, I used my claws to cut through the sleeve of his jersey and ripped it out since I didn't need to see a shirtless Westlee right now. My movements were quick as I began to soak the antibiotics and wound cleaner in the cotton cloth before sapping it on the wound. I winced myself seeing how I always hated the burn during this part of having a wound. "How did you know I could do it?" I asked them.

They both have been oddly quiet just letting me do my thing and I have no idea if that is a good or bad thing. "Uh..." Grayson looked at Westlee while trying to find his words. "The king mentioned that you worked at the hospital and I hated hospitals so I brought the hospital to me," Westlee quickly said. I smiled, it warmed my heart knowing the King still took knowledge over me after what happened. He was family at a point in my life.

"Oh," I chose to say. Silence enveloped us as I finished up cleaning the wound and thankfully the blood stopped seeping through his flesh. What the hell were they doing with silver? I wondered while preparing the needle and thread.

"So what were you guys doing?" I asked watching as he visibly tensed when I began threading his skin. I know this is something bad to say but I'm glad I finally get to play doctor besides helping around at the hospital. I've never had an actual patient besides Dixie, sadly. But I know I'm capable of so much. "Fighting with silver, just a little accident," Westlee brushed off and I decided not to push the topic further.

"Are you guys good here? I have a duty to do," Grayson asked, grabbing our attention. I was taken back a bit by this but I didn't let it show and focused back on stitching up his shoulder. "Yeah," I hear Westlee say beside me followed by footsteps that lead to the closing of the room door.

"You two seem close," I stated the obvious. Westlee tensed again which made me confused but he recovered within a second. I still noticed it. "We met on vacation and I guess we got pretty close," He said. I wasn't expecting that but it seemed believable. Prince Grayson did seem like that type. "What's with your twenty questions?" Westlee asked defensively and I now realized I've been asking all the questions. Shit. Thank God I was almost finished with his stitches. I don't reply until I was finished and was packing away which was probably three minutes later. "Sue me for being curious," I brushed off before walking out of the room with my coat resting on my arm.

I walk back into the hallway where I left the mop and bucket to find the place already mopped. It must have been one of the others, I made a mental note to thank them because I would have got in a lot of trouble if any of the royals had spotted it. Smiling as I left the gates of the castle, I began to walk home with the thought of Netflix and ice cream in my head.