Thirteen

The bedroom door flies open and I groan, snuggling further into the comfort

The bedroom door flies open and I groan, snuggling further into the comfort. His hand tightened around my waist and pulled us incredibly closer. "What do you want, Gray?" Westlee's deep voice groaned.

I should right? I should move away from Westlee but I didn't want to. He felt too good. "A girl by the name of Dixie is downstairs," he seriously spoke. My eyes froze open and I quickly got off the bed. "What is she doing here?" I worriedly asked, fixing my hair in the mirror. "Take your time, Elaria, she is having breakfast with me," he spoke before shutting the door.

"El," Westlee called to me. I turned around to see his arms wide open for me with a pout on his face. "What are you? Three?" I asked, squishing my eyebrows. He faked a hurt expression," I'm three and a half, thank you very much. Now get your ass here," he groaned the last part. "My sister is downstairs," I repeated and went into the bathroom, pulling a new toothbrush out from the cupboard, smearing toothpaste on the bristles before moving it around my teeth to form the white minty foam.

After brushing my teeth I ert it next to the sink and fixed my uniform of creases and tied over my hair again before walking out of the bathroom. As expected, Westlee was laying on his back, a hand over his eyes to block the sunlight. "Get up, lazy!" I screamed with a laugh. Westlee removed his hand over his eyes to throw me a death glare. "I'll be leaving after breakfast," I say for some reason before walking out of the bedroom.

I kept taking deep breaths while I tried to come up with a reason for falling asleep at the castle overnight. Again. Only this time I didn't message Dixie. "Dixie," I smiled at her as I entered the breakfast hall. She and Grayson were indeed stuffing their faces in donuts when I arrived. "Got rid of your sex hair?" Grayson joked, making my eyes widened. "You know nothing happened, Grayson!" I defended myself in front of an amused Dixie. "I'm joking, Elaria, good to know you stopped with the formality," he grinned, taking another bite out of the donut. I only shrugged and leaned against the door. "Thanks for yesterday, you practically saved my life," He said with seriousness in his tone.

"What happened yesterday?" Dixie asked but we both ignored her. "I'm sure he actually wasn't going to kill you..." I didn't mean to sound unsure but I had no idea what was going on anyways. "Oh, I was definitely planning on killing him," my body visually froze as my body was pulled off the wall and was now pressed against the back of Westlee. I tried pulling away when he snaked his arms around my waist. Dixie stared at us with wide and shocked eyes. "Lee, let go," I whispered and he listened, sensing my sister's eyes. "Good to see you again, Dixie," Westlee smirked as he walked past me and flopped down on the chair beside Grayson.

"We should get home," I announced. "I was thinking we should go to the cemetery today," Dixie announced hesitantly. My heart clenched at the thought of seeing our parent's headstones. Even with seeing that I can't believe they are gone. For the past ten years. "For what?" Westlee curiously asked. "Our cat died last month," the lie quickly rolled off my tongue.
"What?" Dixie and Grayson blurted out, aware of the lie. My eyes widened at Dixie, silently asking her to go along with it.

"How dare you say Selena was just our cat? She was part of our family!" She faked her hurt. "You guys are crazy," Westlee muttered and I blew out a puff of relief. "Have breakfast with us," Grayson pats the chair next to him. Pushing myself off the wall I walked to the table. "Anyone of you gonna tell me what happened yesterday?" Dixie asked and the three of us shared a look. "What happens in the castle stays in the castle, little one," Westlee smirked.

"I'm not little," she huffed in annoyance, popping a cherry in her mouth. "You are six years younger than us so..." Westlee trailed off. "Three for me," I corrected. "Seriously, what happened yesterday?" Dixie repeated. "Why do you want to know so badly? Do you want to know that history was repeated?" Grayson hissed, tilting his head to the side. "Grayson!" I scolded him.

"What do you mean?" Westlee whispered beside him. "Nothing, Lee. Grayson, I suggest you shut the bloody hell up," I clenched my jaw, the fork on the table in front of me started twisting. "Elaria!" Dixie warned, glaring at both the fork and I. Sighing, I brought the fork back to its usual form. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to," Grayson mumbled his apology but his tone and sincere eyes told me he truly felt terrible. "It's okay," I smiled assuringly. I've learned over the years not to hold grudges against the royal family. "What is he talking about?" Westlee leaned over to stare at me. I smirked with an evil intention.

"What happens in the castle stays in the castle," I repeated his words.

•••

Apologies for the short chapter but it felt right to end it there.