Twelve

Bolting out of the library when I heard the loud crash I was worried

Bolting out of the library when I heard the loud crash I was worried. Being in a castle, you never randomly hear a loud crash coming from the main hall.

"I could ruin you, mark my words!" Westlee screamed as his fist roughly slid across Grayson's cheek as he continued to blow his fist across his cheek, jaw, temple, anything he managed. Prince Grayson looked hopeless and almost unconscious. "Grayson! Get off of him!" The queen screamed, her hands cupping her face as panic and fright flashed constantly through his eyes. I was confused because Westlee was the one straddling Grayson, keeping him pinned on the ground as he delivered his punches. "Stop it! Right now!" The king tried pulling Westlee off but he harshly shrugs his arm off his shoulder causing him to stumble back.

This is bad.

Really, really bad.

My mind only brushed the surface of what would happen to Westlee after this. He needed to stop but he showed no sign of it. I can't lose someone else like this.

That would hurt too much.

Maybe I'm cursed.

"Westlee?" I called for him, still keeping my distance. Queen Lisa nodded, encouraging me to continue. "Oh," Grayson groaned, trying to weakly push Westlee off of him. I've never seen so much blood. I could barely recognize Grayson. But what affected me the most was that I couldn't believe the kind and gentle Westlee was doing this. "Westlee!" I shout, pulling his shirt. "Westlee, you're scaring me," I say softer, my lips trembling as I tried to stop his arms. Mid-air, Westlee froze from delivering another punch. Slowly, Westlee turned around, shock captured his eyes.

But they were blue, his wolf was trying to take over his body. "El," he whispered as his eyes softened, returning to the brown ones I loved so much. Placing my hand on his cheek, Westlee relaxed under my touch. Westlee got off the ground, not leaving my eyes or touch. "Lee," I whispered, captured in his softened eyes. "I'm sorry, I'm so terribly sorry," he whispered before crashing his body on mine, snaking his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder so his face was hidden by my neck.

"It's okay," I whispered, trying to comfort him as I rubbed my hands up and down his back. Daring to look at the royal family who was shocked to see what was happening, I too was shocked but I tried not to feel embarrassed. "Let's get you cleaned up, yeah?" I suggested, trying to get away from so many people. "Yes," he answered, pulling away and locking my hand with his before tugging us away from the royal family.

Biting my bottom lip, Grayson was still in a terrible condition on the floor but the gashes were healing quickly. Looking down at his bloody hands that held mine, his deeply busted knuckles were almost fully healed but still completely bloodied. "Prince Grayson do you need anything?" I asked, feeling as if I should. "No, get him away from here," he says, his eyes flicking from gold to black ones I knew. I nod once, smiling at the king and queen before walking away.

Neither of us said anything as we walked to Westlee's room. He sat on the edge of the bed while I went into the bathroom to get the washcloth and water. Finding one in the cupboard, I soak it with water and squeezed it drip-free before walking back to Westlee. "Are you alright?" I asked, grabbing his hand that opened up in mine. "Yes," he shortly answered. "Can I ask what was that about? I never..." I cut myself off from continuing, not knowing exactly what to say. "Trust me, you don't want to know. Just know we're okay and he deserved it,"

"How are you so calm? They'll destroy you for this..." I panicked, my heart began to speed up at the thought of this happening. Again. "No, I'll be fine, I promise," he assured me before his eyes glinted with amusement. "You're worried about me, Elaria?" He asked, not stopping the grin from forming on his face. I turned my attention back to his almost clean hands. "You've grown on me, Lee," I say softly, finally telling him the truth. "Well I became addicted to your company since the first day, El," he admitted back making my heart flutter and do flips.

"That's good to know," I smiled widely, taking my bottom lip between my teeth to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. Putting down his hand on his lap, I disappeared back into the washroom to rinse the cloth free of blood and left it out to dry. "I should go," I hesitated. Westlee was still sitting in the same place I left him. "Just come cuddle with me, please?" He whispered. I looked into his pleading eyes a bit confused and hesitant. "It won't happen again, just this once? I want to hold you," the last part made my lip part slightly. I was shocked but tried to keep it hidden before he realized it. "Westlee," I sighed. Not knowing what to say or do. "It's fine if you don't want to, forget it," he mumbled, looking around the room anywhere but on me.

I didn't want to make him upset. In fact, I wanted Westlee to be the free and crazy person he always was around me. He was always smiling and always wanted to do something crazy. Slipping out of my shoes, I loosed my hair and placed it on the table beside me. Westlee finally looked at me shocked but tightened his jaw and smiled. "You're the best, Elaria," he smiled, pushing himself upon the pillow. The bed was big enough for more than both of us. Sighing, I got comfortable at the end of the bed. Not regretting my decision as I closed my eyes, loving the feeling of the sheets and silky pillows.

A squeal left my lips as my eyes bolted open. Westlee hooked his hand around my waist and pulled me flushed against his chest. "That's better," he mumbled into my chest with a comfortable sigh. His hand tightened around my waist before pulling on my hand and interlocking our fingers. "Your hand fits perfectly in mine," he realized and it was completely true. Being this close with Westlee did bad things to my insides. But I had to admit it.

It felt right.