Chapter Sixty Five- 9 Steps

Sorry guys I've been working recently so haven't had much time on my hands, I was hoping to do two chapters this weekend but I only got round to this one so I hope you enjoy! It's meaningful x

Chapter Sixty Five

Amy's POV

Was I really about to do this?

I mean I've met his Mom before but now it's different, shit happened- what do she blames me? What if she hates me? What if she thinks I'm not good enough for him? - true but I was gonna take everything I could get from him because I loved him more than I could actually express.

I don't know why but I was even nervous to see Gemma and I saw her the other day! I don't know if this is just history repeating itself with me trying to run from what I'm scared of- or I was overthinking.

I didn't want to show it because I knew Harry was so excited about taking this step in our relationship- but I also felt like maybe I should tell him? Wouldn't he want that? He always wants me to be open about my feelings with him and I guess this is one of those times right?

The car journey was quiet, I couldn't speak because I was so nervous I could have thrown up there and then. I think Harry knew that, so his hand resting on my thigh the whole way was comforting enough for me.

I'm snapped out of my deepest thoughts as the car comes to a stop in a parking lot. I feel myself become even more sick as I realised we were here- there was no backing out. Not that I was going to- but now I had no choice.

"Ready?" Harry looks to me as he takes his seatbelt off hearing the engine die out in the background.

I look to him trying my hardest not say the wrong thing, but I knew knowing me anything that came out of my mouth usually never went well for me.

I open my mouth to speak but no words come out as I feel myself becoming overwhelmed.

I felt trapped.

The tight space of the car.

Harry looking at me.

The pressure of not wanting to let him down.

Knowing that his family probably were only a few feet away.

I felt myself slipping- like I was trying to do the right thing but my thoughts, my insecurities were getting the better of me.

I felt my breathing starting to become heavy, almost raging out of my control as I look to Harry for help.

"Woah woah woah..." he looks to me with wide eyes as grab his hand for help.
"What's wrong? What's happening? Talk to me.." he takes my hands not knowing what to do as I start to realise what this was.

A panic attack.

Lovely.

I need to get out the car- I need air- I need to breathe.

I snap my hands back from Harry's, my hands shaking as I rip my seatbelt off before trying to open the door.

"Amy calm down-"

Harry's voice soon becomes background noise as the car door opens and I soon free myself from the enclosed space.

The door shuts behind me as I feel the thoughts in my head only get louder, causing me to panic even more. I feel my back hit the car, the cold metal tingling against my exposed skin as I try block out my thoughts- trying to calm myself.

Every other noise other than my thoughts fell deaf on my ears as I hold my head sliding down the side of the car.

I squeeze my eyes shut holding my hands over my ear as I pull my knees to my chest sitting on the floor. This usually worked for me. I just needed to breathe.