Chapter Seventeen- Tea Total

Big chapter for you guys- A x

Chapter 17

Few hours later

Harry's POV

"Thank you for today Harry" Amy smiles at me as I pull up outside her apartment. I watch as her cheeks turn a little pinkish when I smile back at her slightly. She was just as beautiful as I remembered.
"It was-" she pauses for a second as her eyes search mine for a quick second.
"Nice" She smiles at me just as I feel like I hit a brick wall with her on the other side of it.

Nice?
It was just nice? Was she winding me up?

We had had the perfect day. After lunch we went for a walk in Central Park, it kinda was weird for both us seen as the same time over 4 years ago I got shit on by a bird in this exact park- with her- that's when I knew I liked her. She didn't know that though. Like yeah I liked her before that when we were younger but that day in the city was different- I knew I had feelings there and then.

"Oh- Yeah of course" I smile at her falsely before looking away immediately.

I don't know why I felt so awkward.

I was kinda mad.

Mad at myself for thinking today went to well. Mad at myself for thinking that this could work. That I could keep my feelings at bay and make a friendship out of what was left of us.

I was so wrong.

"Bye.." She smiles shyly at me as she opens the car door to leave.

Stop her.

Let her go.

Tell her the truth.

Let her go, Charlotte deserves better than this.

"Bye?" I mutter as she shuts the door behind her.

I don't know why but I was just so riled. I was riled to the point where I didn't even know what was that wrong with me.

I was watching her walk away from me.

Again.

Seemed to be the thing we do- or did even. 
Still now years later we were playing this game of cat and mouse and right now I didn't know what the fuck I was. I had Charlotte.

Charlotte was a safe option for me. We hit it off immediately. She was kind, sweet, caring and most of all she listened to me. She listened to me- meaning we never argued. Never once. She was beautiful and I guess that was a bonus.

But she lacked excitement. She lacked wit and humour. She was submissive and always let me have my own way no matter the circumstance. She lacked something I knew I had found in someone else elsewhere.

Amy.

My stomach was literally in knots every time I saw her. My chest would tighten just at the sheer sight of her. My body would react to her like it was conditioned to- every look, every word and every touch- sent shivers, goosebumps and shock sensations throughout my whole body with not a single chance of me gaining control.