Chapter Thirty Three- LA Was Ugly

Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Harry's POV

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Amy asks we pull up outside of her house. None of the lights were on confirming what she had told me about Marielle being out for the night.

Our car journey home was quiet.
Amy had rarely spoke much- I did catch her staring at me a few times, which made me smile but I decided not to call her out on it and embarrass her.

"About what?" I ask her as I turn the car off parking up on the driveway.

"You and Charlotte.." She looks to me with a soft gaze as I feel the guilt start to kick back in at the mention of the topic.
"What happened?" She presses when I don't say anything.

I had promised her that I would talk to her about the whole Charlotte thing, but right now I wasn't that much of a fan of talking about it. I didn't want to. Not really anyway. Surely she out of all people could understand that.

"We broke up" I shrug not wanting the delve any further into it.
"That's it" I finish brushing off the situation.

She nods going quite for a second as she looks away from me.

"Is she okay?" She asks as she plays with the ring on her right thumb.

"She was a little pissed, but more upset then anything I think" I tell her causing her to nod slowly.

I knew she probably had a lot going on in her head right now- but I didn't dare ask in case it wasn't what I wanted to hear.

"Are you okay?" She looks up at me through her lashes with a soft glance as her eyes search mine carefully.

For some reason this moment between us just felt so intimate.
It felt so private as we actually were trying to communicate about something that had such a huge impact on our relationship.
We both knew that.

The way the light cascaded over her face was mesmerising. The way it highlighted her high cheek bones and arched her Cupid's bow even more just had me captured within every sense of the word.

"Mmm.." I hum as I find myself lost in her beauty.

The car falls silent once again as she looks away from me.

Sometimes just sitting in silence was needed.
It gave us time to think- to regroup, even in the middle of an argument, it stopped us saying even more shit than we actually did to each other.

I take the opportunity to open the car door and let myself out of the intense tension that was almost overwhelming in the car. I hear Amy do the same as we both shut the doors behind each other.

"Do you regret it?" Her soft voice shocks me slightly as she stands still by the car looking to me with almost a guilty look on her face.

I instantly feel bad for being off with her.