Chapter Forty- What's Lost Is Lost

Chapter Forty

Amy's POV

The evening was lovely.

Spending time with my family had reminded me of old times where I used to hang out with them all the time.
I don't think I could of been here without Harry's support.

He had been so sweet all day and night.
Holding my hand under the table or just sitting beside me with his hand on my knee as the night went on. I mean nothing major happened, but it felt amazing knowing he was there to comfort be though it all.

My feelings were becoming harder and harder to fight.
I didn't really know what we were doing but I liked it.
I liked being around him.
I liked his touch.
I liked his kisses.
I liked his stupid jokes- it made me happy.

I knew I walking in thin ice that was bound to break at any given second- but I knew that with Harry being on the side, I couldn't fall.

I wouldn't fall- I wouldn't because of him.
This wasn't about me anymore- I had to do this for him.

I stand in kitchen as the night nears a close, the rest of the family playing board games in the living room after Gemma and Ashton left to put Noah to bed.
I felt the need to take a minute to myself as Harry went into the garden to take a phone call and Marielle talked to my sister about democratic rights or something I really didn't know anything about.

"Here" Marielle's voice frightens me slightly causing me to turn around as I see her walk on into the kitchen holding something out for me.

"What's this?" I ask as she holds a small piece of paper in between her fingers for me.

"I found it in your top draw" She tells me as I take the old looking piece of paper from her.
I look down unfolding the edges carefully.
"Thought you might want to read it-" She shrugs as I catch a glimpse of handwriting.
"Or whatever.." She shakes her head as I fold the paper back up, not wanting to look at it any longer.

I look over my shoulder to see Harry out on the swing bench laughing about something on the phone making me smile as his dimples pop- before I look back to Marielle.

"I'm here for you, not matter what, okay?" She tells me as she places both hands on my shoulders, rubbing them gently as she flashes me a small smile.

I knew what I had to do.

Within an instant I wrap my arms around her pulling her into a tight hug as I screw my eyes shut for the moment.

"Thank you Marielle" I whisper to her as she hugs me back.
"For everything" I smile as she squeezes me tightly.

"Your welcome.." She laughs lightly before pulling back- looking to me with an encouraging smile.
"Now go get your man girlll.." She teases as I feel my cheeks heat up making me laugh lightly as she backs up before slipping out the door.

I take a deep breathe as I am left on my own once again with this piece of paper full of thoughts.

Before I could talk myself out of it I turn towards the patio doors, opening them up as I step out into the garden, shutting them behind me.

"See you late mate.." I watch as Harry ends his call, his smile widening as he sees me heading towards him.

I hold the paper behind my back as he props his arm up against the back of the bench just as I sit down beside him, letting him swing the bench slightly as his long legs keep his feet planted on the ground.

Not a word is spoken between us as we both just linger in our silence.

I didn't know what to say.
I couldn't find the words to say anything.