Chapter 27

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Whoa," Keefe said for like the fifteenth time.

          But this time, he asked,

          "How is that physically possible?? I'm way past Manifesting age. It's not like I can keep Manifesting. Foster, I think Fitz was just trying to distract you from the bigger problem. Like where the other Forkle is-"

          "Okay, Keefe you need to calm down," I cut in.

          "Yes, Ms. Foster is correct. You need to calm down. If anything is a big problem, it's not the whereabouts of my brother. It's the plotting of the Neverseen. I was listening to Gethen's thoughts and I found out that they have multiple new recruits," Mr. Forkle said from the doorway.

          "Keefe, Manifesting is not a big deal. It's actually kinda cool how you're getting another Ability. You'll be just like me. We'll both have never seen before Abilities," I said lacing our fingers together. "Wait," I look over and realize that Mr. Forkle just walked in and had said something. "When did you get here?"

          "Oh come on Ms. Foster. I announced when I arrived."

          "Oh, when Foster gets determined she blocks out everything else," Keefe says. "I thought that you would know that since you lived right next to her for most of her life."

          "Well, that doesn't matter. Forkle, what were you saying about new recruits?" I ask changing the subject.

          "Gethen was thinking about how he hopes their new recruits will fulfill their plans. No Sophie, I do not know what these plans are but I will figure them out," Mr. Forkle explains 

          "Okay, do we know what their Abilities are?" I ask.

          "No, we do not."

          "Okay, so we are in the same boat we have been in for the past couple of years?" I get up and walk to the other side of my ginormous room.

          I turn around to ask Forkle how we'll find out how to stop them when I notice the look on Keefe's face.

          "Keefe?" 

          His eyes are glassed and he's looking into space. I walk over to him and crouch so that I'm looking him right into the eyes. But he doesn't move. 

          "It's as if he's in another world completely," I state as Forkle makes his way over to Keefe's side.

          "If I had to guess, he just Manifested. What did you say he would be able to do?"

          "See bits and pieces of the future."

          "Okay, so he's probably having a vision." Mr. Forkle put a hand on my shoulder and made me face him. "This Ability will slowly break him down. He will see something that will scare him and he will try to stop it from happening. You will need to stop him from doing so. It will be the death of him if he does so."

          "How could it be the death of him?" I ask.

          "If he ends up seeing someone he loves die, he'll try to stop it from happening. But the problem is, whatever he sees means that the decision is already made. If he sees you die, it means someone made their mind up to kill you. There are ways that he could save you but really the only way to save you is if that person messes up in their plan."

          Wow, I didn't understand a word he said, but, nice! I think... 

          "Okay, so what your telling me, is Keefe is going to see some scary things?"

         Mr. Forkle sighs, "Were you even listening to me?"

          "I tried to but you were talking really fast."

          But before Forkle could explain it again, Keefe gasped. He blinked and shook his head. He looked around until his eyes landed on me.

          "Foster?"

          "I'm here. What did you see?" 

          "I say you get Mesmerized by one of the Neverseen. They were trying to get Gethen, my mom, and Fitz back. But when you refused they Mesmerized you and made you join their side. They gave you the same cuffs that they gave Tam, but instead, the cuffs restricted you from using your Abilities until they told you that you could." Keefe wrapped me in a big hug. "I'm not going to let that happen to you. I won't let you get taken by them again."

          "Keefe, you can't stop it from happening. Whatever you see is because someone made up their mind to do whatever you saw. The only way to stop it from happening is to change their mind." 

          "So, that means you made up your mind to go and let the Neverseen take you?" Keefe asks.

          I freeze. How did Keefe get that from his vision? I gave up that plan a while ago.

          "I gave up that plan a while ago. I'm not going to do that."

          "Then why did I see you give them the idea to take you instead?" He pulls back and looks me in the eyes. "Foster, what's wrong? You've changed after you were saved from the Neverseen. You won't talk to me about anything anymore. Let me help you." He pleads but I shake my head.

          "There's nothing for you to help with because there's nothing wrong. I'm fine and I haven't been thinking about going to the Neverseen."

           "Okay, if you say that there's nothing wrong, I believe you." He leans in and kisses my forehead.

          "Okay, now we know that the Neverseen have a Mesmer," Mr. Forkle says, changing the subject.

          Keefe whips his head around, "When did you get here?"

          I let out a small laugh, "He's been here the whole time!"

          "Oh, you think it's funny that I didn't notice?" Keefe says as he tickles my side.

          I let out a small squeal as Mr. Forkle says, 

          "I'll leave you two to whatever you are doing."

          "Keefe Sencen!" I say as Keefe picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Where are you taking me?" 

          "Yeah, I would like to know where you are taking her as well," Sandor says from the doorway.

          "I taking her outside to go pay Calla a visit. Why do you always have to think I'm kidnapping her?" Keefe replies as he runs out of the room and down the stairs.

          When we get to Calla's tree Keefe puts me down. 

          "I didn't just see the vision I told you about," Keefe says after a couple of minutes.

          "What else did you see?"

"I saw you and I in the future."