Chapter 7

"Foster, time to wake up," Keefe says shaking my shoulders gently.

          "Keefe go away. I'm trying to sleep." I push him away and throw the blanket over my head.

          "Sophie, do you even know what time it is?" Keefe says pulling the blankets off my head. "And I'm pretty sure you'll find some way to hurt yourself with the blanket over your head."

          I open my eyes and look around. I'm still and Everglen since Grady and Edaline are off on an animal rescue mission. Somehow Keefe got into my room, again. I even locked the door this time!

          "Keefe Sencen! Get out of my room before I inflict on you," I warned.

          "Aw, Ro, she thinks she angry enough to inflict on me. Foster is adorable when she tries to threaten people." Keefe kisses my forehead.

          But right after that, he jumps onto the bed! 

          "Keefe," I whine, "Why do you have to wake me up at the crack of dawn?"

          "Um Foster, it's two in the afternoon. You've slept for hours."

          I fly out of bed and run to the closet. I put on a simple knee-length red dress and brush my hair and teeth quickly. 

          "Foster, you realize I was joking, right?" Keefe says slowly, bracing for me to attack him.

          "Keefe, come here please," I say in my most innocent voice.

          Keefe walks over to me slowly and I wrap my arms around his neck. He puts his hands on my hips and I sigh, 

          "Keefe, I love you, but, one of these days I'm going to get you back for waking me up so early." I kiss his cheek and walk back to the bed.

          "Wait, did Foster just say that she loves me?" I freeze, just now realizing what I said.

          "Yes Keefe, I did just say I love you. But the real question is, do you love me?" I say smirking as I make the bed.

          "Well for a matter of fact, I do," Keefe replies with the biggest grin. 

          "You what?" I ask and Keefe sighs.

          "I love you, Sophie. With all my heart, I love you." I smile and Keefe wraps his arms around me from behind.

          "If I didn't know better, I'd think you two were married." Keefe and I spring apart.

          I turn to see a beaming Biana standing in the doorway. I blush and so does Keefe. I hear Keefe mumble something along the lines of, 'I wish'. I giggle at his words and he turns to face me.

          "What's so funny Foster?" Keefe asks.

          "Oh nothing, the usual," I reply.

          "Oh, so almost dying?"

          I laugh and I run as fast as I can out into the hallway and hear Keefe yell, 

          "Oh no, you don't!"

          I head down the stairs and almost trip on the last step. But I keep going.

          "Good morning Sophie, would you-" Della starts but I'm out of the room before she finishes the sentence.

          I run out the front door and levitate to the top of the building. When I get to the top I see Keefe looking around frantically.