Where Did You Come from? (Just Dewayne's Pov)

Start from the beginning

I ain't know she worked here.

"Yea that's her." I said as a felt a smirk tug my lips.

"Nice to see you again Z." I spoke hoping she would look up. 

I watched as her entire body went rigid before her head whipped towards my direction. Her eyes widen when she saw me. A look of recognition passed over her features swiftly.

I kept my smirk as I sat down at a table with my boys. But I kept my eyes trained on her.

I found myself memorizing every detail I saw. She blinked but still remained frozen. The other waiter tried to get her attention.

"Zar you gon serve them or?" He asked her concerned.

She snapped out of her daze and finally spoke again "Uhhh yea I got it." She said quickly as she still held my gaze. Is she nervous again?

"You okay?" he asked her concerned she broke eye contact with me and looked him.

"Yea.. I mean yea I'm cool." she said. Then she finally came from behind the bar handed him something and walked towards us. I watched her every move. I smiled when she stopped in front of us.

"Hey Z." I said sinply. 

She blushed and cleared her throat. "Hi. Um not to be rude, but how did you find...?".

I quickly cut her off. "McDonald's line was too long and smelled good in here. I wasn't stalking you." I answered honestly. She look relieved and she then spoke .

"Okay then. In that case, welcome to Applejacks. Is there anything I could start you guys off with?" She said while handing us our menu's.

She patiently waited for our response as we gazed over our menu. Tre specifically, took the longest time, deciding to over analyze whole menu, to in the end choose something simple.  He didn't hesitate to start firing off questions about different items on the menu. But thankfully, Zaria was patient and it didn't look like his inquiries bothered her at all.

Instead of just ordering drinks, we decided to order everything at once since we were so hungry. Once we all finished ordering she went to pick up menu's. When she reached to get mine our fingers touched.

She froze and I couldn't help but laugh at her facial expression. She coughed awkwardly. "Alright let me go ahead and put those orders in for you. I'll be returning shortly with your drinks. If you need anything else let me know." With that she walked away form the table rushed back to the kitchen. It was only when she disappeared into the back that I realized I had been staring at her the whole time .

I heard someone clear their throat. I saw Devon and Tre smirking too with his brow raised.

"So you gave her a nickname?" Tre spoke first his eyes glued to me waiting for my response.

"Yea so?" I asked shrugging .

They looked at eachother and laughed.

"Well I'll be damned. If I didn't know you any better, I'd say you like her." Dev said laughing.

I made a face.

Nahhh it's not like that..

She just an attractive girl. Like no can deny she is beautiful. I can acknowledge that, but I got Tracey.
I don't like Zaria in that way, we just cool.

"Nahh she just cool. That's all." I said finally.

"I ain't even tryna hear that. You actions told on you before you did. Don't act like you was just looking at her like she was your friend.  Yo ass was basically drooling over her." Tre said giving me a look of disbelief.