Chapter 38: I Hate Everything About You

Hi Peeps,

I'm sorry that I was so busy yesterday and today so I didn't have time to write and post a new chapter 😕. However, please do enjoy this one chapter only because this is the only chapter I will post tonight😈. I will continue to post by tomorrow. Hehe.😆

So stay tuned and happy reading!😁😁

Love,

VLA

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Tay stood quietly in front of the glass window, staring at Mew sleeping quietly on the hospital bed with a ventilator connected to his body. His heart broke while looking at Mew's pale face. Mew looked so peaceful yet lifeless.

"Mr. Tawan...", Doctor Chodchoy stood beside him and sighed.

"Doctor...", Tay nodded politely.

"Should we talk in my office?"

"Yes, sure..."

"Follow me then, please...", he smiled as he invited him to follow.

Tay followed the doctor through the hospital hallway until they finally reached his office. He invited him to sit down.

"Do you want to drink something? Tea perhaps?"

"No. I'm fine... thank you."

"Okay then. Anything suits you", he smiled and nodded.

"So... about Mew's condition?"

"Well... Mr. Jongcheveevat's case was... quite rare and unique..."

"Rare and unique? As in?", Tay frowned.

"Though there were some complications that happened while we operated, such as blood clotting and nerves convulsing, fortunately, the surgery was done successfully. The transplant procedure was conducted pretty well and there were no symptoms of rejection whatsoever until this second from his father's body. However...", he paused for a moment.

"However?", Tay squinted in confusion.

"However... the weird thing was after all the procedure had been done... Mr. Jongcheveevat stopped breathing on his own..."

Tay frowned. "That's why he needs a ventilator to breathe?"

"Yes. We've tried to check everything just to find out what has been causing this issue, but we still couldn't find it. The brain shows a good functionality, which means he's not brain dead. Vital signs also showing no issue with his body."

"Then why, Doctor? What can cause that?", Tay asked in confusion.

The doctor sighed, "It was like... Mr. Jongcheveevat has lost his own will to live..."

Tay was startled. He felt like he was suffocated from the inside. There was something stuck inside his throat. He couldn't breathe. Why, Mew? Why did you give up? After everything you have done, why did you give up and stopped fighting now?

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Gulf was sitting alone in the waiting room when Newwie approached him with a cup of hot tea.

"Gulf..."

Gulf tilted up his head and saw Newwie was smiling at him while offering him a cup of hot tea to warm the night. Gulf smiled and took the tea on his hand.

"Thank you..."

"How are you holding up?"

Gulf smiled and took a sip of his tea without replying Newwie's question. Newwie joined him to sit and patted Gulf's shoulder calmly...