Chapter 32: Broken Yet Holding On

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Mew was looking out the window, waiting for Doc Tong to see him. Not long after, Doc Tong stepped inside the examination room with some results on his hand.

"Mew..."

Doc Tong smiled and sat on his chair, facing Mew. Mew nodded politely. He read the result and nodded in satisfaction.

"Your health exam showed a better result than previously. I'm glad."

Mew smiled, "I followed your suggestion. Besides, just like you've mentioned before, acceptance is a must. I have started to accept my condition, so yeah... perhaps it made me at ease..."

"Work less, more rest, eat healthily, no alcohol, no smoking, don't think too much, okay?"

Mew nodded, "Yes."

"About the thing you asked me to check...", Doc Tong put Mew's result on the table and took another paper out of the folder as he examined it, "I've just got the result today from my lab. It was nothing actually. It was just multivitamins containing vitamin D, magnesium, calcium, zinc, iron, folic acid, and vitamin B12. More or less just like the one I prescribed for you."

"Does that kind of multivitamins will only be prescribed to people with conditions like mine?"

Doc Tong chuckled, "It's multivitamins, Mew... anybody can take it."

Mew nodded understand, "Ok. Can I get the paper result?"

"Yeah sure...", Doc Tong took an empty envelope and put the paper inside before giving it to Mew, "May I know what's this for?", he asked him in confusion.

Mew shook his head and smiled, "Just for my personal use."

"Okay then...", Doc Tong wrote something in a paper and gave it to Mew "Here's the new prescription for you. Just go downstairs and give this to the pharmacy as usual..."

Mew nodded, but he didn't budge. He was still sitting there, looking at Doc Tong in doubt. Doc Tong frowned and looked at Mew suspiciously.

"Well?", he raised his eyebrows, "Anything else?"

Mew gave it a thought for a moment before he continued, "I was wondering..."

"About?"

"Will I be able to donor my kidney with my condition?"

"Oh, Mew...", Doc Tong wiped his face in frustration, "Now what? What are you talking about?"

"My father... he has liver failures. I was wondering if I could donate one of my kidneys to him, at least it can help him to survive until he could have another kidney donor for the other one..."

"As a doctor, I could answer that theoretically, you can. But, as a friend, I will not suggest you do that because, with your condition like this, it would be too risky."