Chapter 27: Where I Stand

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Mew's father was sitting alone in his study room, looking outside the window as he sighed. His face didn't look good. His wife, Tul's mother, quietly stepped inside the room with a glass of water and his medication.

"Honey... it's time to take your pills and you need to go to bed after. It's late already", she called softly and put the tray on the table.

He turned his back to see his wife walking towards him and smiled.

"What are you thinking about?", she replied his smile. "You look so dead serious..."

He paused for a moment and sighed. "I was thinking... maybe it's time for me to let Mew take over my place in the company..."

Tul's mother was quiet but then she nodded in agreement, "I believed so. It's time for you to take a break and give more attention to yourself instead of working so hard in the office."

He frowned, "You agreed to this? Won't you be worried about Tul?"

She smiled and patted his hand warmly, "Honey, why should I? I believed Tul will also be okay. You have given me and Tul too much that I didn't know how to repay you. Even though Tul is not-"

"Dear...", he cut her, "Tul will always be my son no matter what. Both of them are my son. I love them the same."

"I know...", she nodded and smiled, "I know..."

"I was just worried that Mew will object to this...", he looked at his wife sadly, "After all... he hates me..."

"No, honey... he hates me and Tul... not you", she sighed.

"Because he did not know the truth."

"We could only give him more time. One day... one day, he will know the truth."

"And I really hope... when the time comes, I will still be here..."

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

It was already 10 PM and Gulf still considering whether he wanted to visit Mew or just curled up on his bed to sleep. He has spent an hour thinking about this and he could not stand to spend another hour more to continue thinking about this.

"Que sera sera, Gulf... que sera sera...", he finally made up his mind and immediately wore his slippers to go see Mew, making sure he was okay after all the incident happened.

He hurriedly walked to Mew's door, but then he halted and stared blankly. God damnit! After that one hour of hell, deciding to come here, now his heart wavered. Should he, or should he not knock the door?

Gulf was standing for maybe 15 minutes before he sighed and turned his back, ready to go back to his room, right on time when Tay stepped out from his room with a bag of snacks and beer. Gulf was startled, but it was a dead-end for him. Tay realized Gulf was just about to sneak away and smirked.