Chapter 29: Bad Liar

~*** +++++++@@+++++++ ***~

Mew was sitting in the living room in front of the humongous TV screen showing today's news. Though his eyes were locked looking at the news, his mind was flying out there somewhere.

So it was all true... Tul did a surgery back in the U.S and it was a successful one. His mind flew back to the time when he overheard Tul's conversation on the phone when they were still in Koh Samui.

Mew was ready to walk outside of his room to the breakfast area when suddenly he saw Tul walking out of Gulf's room suspiciously. Tul gazed around to make sure there was no one there before he continued to talk on the phone. Hurriedly, Mew hid behind a pillar so that Tul will not know that he was there.

"Yes, hello...", Tul answered the call. "Yes, Doctor, everything's fine here."

A doctor? Interesting. Mew kept listening...

"Yes, everything's fine. I have no issue at all. I ate healthily and do some exercise just like what you told me to. Yes, I've never felt better than this. No, no symptoms of shortness of breath or any other. Yes... all is great... Yes... I will remember. I will do another checkup in about a month or two. Okay sure, I will not forget. Definitely, I will send your greetings to my parents. Yes, thank you so much. Okay... bye..."

Mew frowned. What was that about? So something happened when he was in the U.S. Does it have to do with Gulf?

Mew was too indulged with his own mind when Tay arrived home with their dinner.

"Mew...", Tay greeted him as he saw him sitting in the living room. "I bought some fresh sashimi and sushi. Let's dig in..."

Tay went to the kitchen to prepare as he waited for Mew to answer, but after a while, Mew still did not say a thing. Tay peeked from behind the kitchen wall...

"Oi!", Tay shouted in a low tone, "Mew Suppasit! Back to earth!"

Mew was startled and turned his head to look at Tay, "Oh, you're home..."

Tay chuckled, "What am I? A joke to you?"

"What did you buy?"

"Sushi and sashimi. Come, let's have dinner..."

Mew nodded and lazily walk to the kitchen, "Right on time, I'm starving..."

Tay put all the things he bought on the table and grabbed two empty glasses. He took a bottle of mineral water and a bottle of sake from inside the fridge and put the water in front of Mew. Meanwhile for the sake, of course, he prepared it from himself.

Mew stared sharply at Tay...

"I want that...", he pointed to the sake bottle in front of Tay.

"This is mine, and you...", he pointed to the bottle in front of Mew and chuckled. "drink that..."