13| reminiscing past times

IT'S FUNNY HOW it takes one incident, to change your life forever

IT'S FUNNY HOW it takes one incident, to change your life forever. To change your outlook on something. Or on someone.

For as long as I can remember, Sebastian and I have tormented each other to no end. Teased each other until the other one finally gave up, which was rare. We've gotten each other in trouble so many times, whenever we enter the principals office he always guesses it was the other ones fault.

But it doesn't matter how many times we tell the other one how much we hate each other, or how many times we torment each other, or how many times we get each other in trouble. We will always be there for each other.

When we were in freshman year, and Sebastian got into his first fist fight with Corey Samuels and was quite obviously losing since Corey towered over him. I helped him. I gave my brand new YSL bag to Evie and marched up to them, taking them both by surprise before I landed a solid punch onto Corey's nose, effectively breaking it. That was the first time Sebastian and I got into serious trouble, even though it was just lunchtime detention, it seemed a lot at 14 years old.

When we were in Sophomore year, I took a test in physics, and I really busted my ass to study for that test since I've always struggled with physics, my teacher at the time, Mrs Hotch, gave me an F. To say I was upset was an understatement. I immediately ran to the girls toilets and balled my eyes out. I know that it's stupid, but I really hate to fail. It scares me that I won't be able to accomplish anything in life, that I'll always be a failure. An the fact that I revised all week for that test, getting extra help from my teacher, from my siblings, and I still failed, hit me big time. I must have been in the girls toilets for 20 minutes, tears falling freely out of my red puffy eyes, when I heard a voice calling for me. It was Sebastian. He told the girls that were lingering around the sinks fixing their make up to "get the fuck out", and started knocking softly on the stall door.

He sat with me curled up in his arms, listening intently to me rambling and mumbling random shit about the test, the teacher, my fears. He actually listened to me. Do you know how rare it is to have someone actually listen to what you're trying to say? What you're trying to express? It's very rare. Sure, everyone can nod along to everything you say, sometimes even agree with you or mutter something sweet to you. But do they ever look so deep into your eyes you feel like you don't even have to say say anything to them because they'd just understand? That's what it was like with Sebastian. After that day, he helped me with physics, he helped me study for it, and not only that, he helped me understand the subject. That's something not a lot of people can master. Of course teachers, they teach you the subject, but really they're only teaching you enough of the subject to pass an exam. But do you ever finish studying for an exam, or come out of an exam, or even come out of a class, completely understanding the subject? Only the people that don't even need to study for a test and get outstanding marks will understand the subject.