38 | was it a farewell forever?

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 38:

WAS IT A 'FAREWELL FOREVER?

"We lost them."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

BEING CAUGHT AT the scene where the wanted teenager had escaped in The Phantom wasn't a good look for the four Pogues, especially when they are linked to John B due to the fact that they're all best friends. Each one of them had been shoved into the back of the police cars and driven away, finding themselves at a place that is covered with tents for the officers to work together. Shoupe and his deputies had guided the four through the crowded setting, seating them all down onto some chairs inside one of the tents.

"Sit down and don't move. We've got a lot to talk about." Shoupe informs, his voice stern to prove his authority. "Keep an eye on these kids."

With that, the sheriff walks out of the tent and leaves the guard standing in front of them. It's evident that the teenagers at harmless, but a powerful gun is still cropped in the man's hand as a precaution. His face holds zero emotion in it, appearing almost as bland as a rock on the side of the road.

"Blockade is up at the marsh and Masonboro and all the other inlets from Shem Creek to Breach Inlet. I want eyes on all coastal access point, people." A man demands. "Let's get this guy."

Delilah and JJ share glances at one another, many thoughts racing through their minds. Nerves rapidly increase by the second as a lot of information is fed to them through police officers talking. The group is only there because they were being good friends and helped a falsely accused murderer escape. It's not any of their faults that none of the cops took some time out of their day to listen to the truth.

JJ's hand sneaks over to where the girl is seated next to him, allowing his hand to rest over the top of hers. Delilah flips her own hand over, fingers slipping in between the gaps of his as they intertwine together. The pads of the boys thumb brush against the skin on the back of her hand, silently trying to reassure her that it'll be okay. Ly raises their hands up to her soft lips, pressing a gentle kiss onto the back of his own hand. Both of their hands drop back down into the ginger girls lap, still interlocked.

Their attention is pulled away from each other at the sudden sight of police officers frantically running around, drifting from tent to tent. It's been stated that John B and Sarah can be seen floating within the violent stormy waters, on board of The Phantom.
Delilah's lips are pulled into a thin line as she listens to this happen, heart drumming against her ribcage. All that she's able to do is silently pray that her two friends will be able to escape and survive this police chase together.