22 | annual bonfire

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 22:

ANNUAL BONFIRE

"Real gem you found there, JB

"Real gem you found there, JB."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE BONFIRE IS an Outer Banks tradition amongst the teenagers on the island. It's always held on the same weekend every single year, and everyone chooses to go each time. Generally, the arguments between the Kooks and Pogues are put to one side for the night, but there's still always going to be a few fights from them occasionally. All of the teens attend the bonfire to have their time of their lives and party the entire night away. It's something that none of them would want to miss out on.

The five friends each step out of the campervan that they've just pulled up to the bonfire in, noticing how a lot of people are already surrounding the place. A hand is placed onto Delilah's lower back as JJ guides her through the crowd, keeping her close to avoid being accidentally separated. John B follows closely beside the couple as all three of them make their way over to the stand where the drinks are — Pope and Kie walked off elsewhere.

However, a red solo cup in thrown down to where they are standing within the crowd of people. A few contents of the alcoholic liquid spray out of the cup and splash onto the three, especially on Delilah. The redhead jumps back at the suddenness of the action, eyes shooting down to her clothing to see how much of it splashed onto herself. JJ just reels the girl back to where they're standing so that no one can bump into her on accident. But all of their eyes then drift to the direction that the cup had come from to see that the same brunette girl from earlier in the classroom is sitting upon the wall.

"The fuck?" Delilah mutters.

"Hey, derelicts!" The girl, whose name is Yvonne, exclaims to the boys.

"That's for you." JJ states as he glances over to his friend. "Ly and I will leave you to it."

"JB?" Delilah calls, grabbing his attention. "Don't do anything that you'll regret later. I know how you still feel about Sarah."

"I've got this." John B assures. "Don't worry about me, Red."

The long haired boy leans over and ruffles her ginger hair in a playful manner. A grin is spread across his face, knowing that it's something that he always does to get under the girls skin. Delilah just slaps his hand away and proceeds to stick a middle finger up at him in response. JJ laughs at both of their actions before directing himself and Delilah away so that John B can talk to Yvonne alone. Though, before doing so, the blond boy did make sure to grab them both some alcohol in a red solo cup.