4 | luxury boat

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 4:

LUXURY BOAT

"Sometimes you guys can be so stupid

"Sometimes you guys can be so stupid."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

INSIDE THE STABLES, the group of teenagers can still be found hidden away from the public eye. Everyone is trying to catch some sleep while they all have the chance to do so, but the hay bales scratch at their skin and causes it to itch. Delilah is currently fast asleep with her head comfortably resting on JJ's chest, having fallen asleep listening to the soft sound of his heartbeat. JJ also has an arm wrapped loosely around her frame, holding her close to his body as if he's scared she'll be snatched away by Singh.

However, JJ soon feels Portis' phone vibrate from within his pocket. A crease forms between his brows as he pulls the phone out and turns it on to see what the notification is. A text message then flashes across the screen, belonging to a number that hasn't been saved as a contact on the phone. Slightly panicked, JJ shifts his body and wakes everyone up from their slumber, knowing that it's important for all of them to read.

"Guys, I got a text." JJ announces. "'Meet me at the pin at 6:15. P4L."

"We're supposed to believe that's Kiara?" Sarah questions.

"But none of the guards would know what P4L stands for. It has to be Kie." Delilah states.

"This could all be a trap." Pope counters with a shake of his head. "It's exactly how he set us up last time."

"Yeah, he knows we've still got the phone, and he knows he can't track it." JJ adds.

"Sometimes you guys can be so stupid." Cleo bluntly tells them. "You get beat so bad you flinch even when someone's trying to help."

John B frowns. "What?"

"Delilah's right. 'P4L'. It's Kiara, man! She'd never send that as bait. They would have to kill her." Cleo argues, confidently. "Come on! We gotta help her."

"I don't know. It could still be a trap." Pope says.

Left with no other option, everyone makes their way out of the stables and onto the streets, trying to be careful not to look suspicious. JJ continuously looks down at the phone to check the map, ensuring that he is definitely leading them in the right direction. They calmly push through any crowded streets, but they try their best to walk along the quieter streets as those will be easier to hide within.