17 | drama within the group

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 17:

DRAMA WITHIN THE GROUP

"And we're the dramatic ones

"And we're the dramatic ones."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A PHONE CALL was made that sent the teenagers into a panic, especially Pope because his father was the one mentioned in the conversation. All six of them drove to Heyward's restaurant as fast as possible, wanting to make sure that he's okay and nothing seriously bad has happened. But upon arriving, they find the man sitting on the porch with a fresh wound on his forehead. Blood is dripping down and soaking into the white shirt that he wore for work, but he doesn't seem to care that much about it.

At the sight of this, Delilah decides to look around the restaurant in search of a first aid kid, eventually finding it on the side. She uses some alcoholic wipes to clean all of the blood up and make sure that the wound is cleaned from bacteria, not wanting to risk the possibility of getting an infection from it in the future. Then, a large bandaid is placed over the top of the wound so that it can catch any blood that is still seeping out, as well as stopping any bacteria from getting inside too.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you while doing that." Delilah apologises. "But it's all done now."

"You did just fine, darling." Heyward assures with a soft smile. "Thank you."

"Thank you, Del." Pope says too, flashing a grateful over smile at his friend.

"You're both very welcome." Delilah replies.

"Okay, Pop, what happened?" Pope asks.

"He came in just as I was about to lock up. Caught me by surprise. Once he had me down, he put his knee in my chest, and then he asked me about that key from the drawing you showed me." Heyward explains. "And in case you were wondering, I ain't tell him nothing. But have you tracked it down?"

Pope pauses before silently nodding in response. He reaches into one of the pockets of the shorts that he's wearing at the moment, pulling his hand back out to reveal an object; it's a thin golden with a small red rope attached to the very end of it. Heyward gently takes ahold of it and inspects every detail of it.

"I find it in Mee-Maw's old apartment, right above the pharmacy." Pope informs.

"Shit, boy." Heyward curses. "You should've gave this to me. I wouldn't have had to take a beating. What's the big deal? It ain't with anything. Why do they want it so bad?"

"I don't know." Pope admits. "First, I get this letter telling me that I need to go to Charleston. And then, I meet a rich lady who wants me to give her a key that I didn't even know was in my family."