33 | murder on the airstrip

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 33:

MURDER ON THE AIRSTRIP

"I'd do what she said, kid

"I'd do what she said, kid."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER EVERYTHING THAT'S been happening to her over the past few days, Delilah legitimately thought that she had hit rock bottom. But John B had finally turned up and announced to the group that all of the gold that they had found has been lost to Ward. It isn't as if the teenager is expecting to experience a happy ending since she's a Pogue and it's very rare for that to happen.

However, when the group of friends were relaxing out on the docks, Pope had suddenly come sprinting over to all of them. His breathing was heavy due to the amount of energy he had put into running, just wanting to get to them as soon as possible. The boy had dipped during the middle of the interview, no longer caring about it. Pope had told them all that there's still a chance to steal the gold back, stating that it'll all be on a plane tonight. Now, all the teenagers have to do is prevent the aircraft from leaving Outer Banks.

To the Pogues, it meant a lot that Pope had decided to abandon his own dreams behind to help them get the gold back and claim it as their own. It's almost a guarantee that the group will be able to achieve this mission and get the happy endings that the broken teenagers deserve to have. So far, they've only been experiencing loss and pain.

Currently, the group find themselves pulled up in front of the very airstrip that the plane is situated on and contains all of the gold. A metal fence is blocking them from entering the area, being separated from the actual plane itself. Everyone has jumped out of the campervan to witness it and figure out a plan that's reasonable, whereas Delilah remains inside of the vehicle as she sorts everything else out.

John B is practically pressed right up against the fence, trying to get as close as possible without even entering the airstrip. A pair of binoculars is gripped in his hands and held up to his eyes so that he's able to get a better look at what's going on. Sarah can be seen struggling against her own fathers grip, being dragged onto the plane with the gold.

"He's hurting her." John B states.

"What?" Kie asks, confused.

"They're fighting." John B informs.

The brown haired boy wastes no time to sharply spin around on his heel and run back over to the vehicle, jumping into the drivers seat. The door is loudly slammed shut behind him as the engine is switched on, instantly grabbing Delilah's attention. Her head snaps over to John B as her brows furrow together.

"What's wrong?" Delilah asks.

"Ward's hurting Sarah." John B replies.

Delilah doesn't get time to answer her, or even try to stop him from committing an action that he hasn't thought through well enough. John B drives the campervan forwards and smashes it into the metal fence that was keeping them all out, completely smashing the front screen of the vehicle.