12 | the arrest

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 12:

THE ARREST

"This is for Peterkin

"This is for Peterkin."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

HIDING UP IN a tree while Rafe and Barry searched the area with guns gripping hand had just shoved the teenagers back into the harsh truths of reality with absolutely zero warnings. The group barely managed to celebrate a whole night alone together, needing to put some fun back into their lives after experiencing the loss of friends that turned up alive. It wasn't even a full twelve hours after the six had turned up in the Outer Banks, yet two people still showed up with the possible intentions of killing them all.

The following morning, the four that had stayed at the Château wasted no time to get themselves away from the area as soon as Kiara and Pope decided to show up again. A brief explanation was said towards the two in order to let them have an understanding of what had happened while they were gone. Neither of them said much about the unexpected situation and simply agreed to leave as well. Currently, the six are all in an open field with the boat docked nearby.

"If Rafe and Barry know, it's only a matter of time before everyone else knows." Delilah informs.

"I told you; we should've just gone south." JJ tells them, groaning in frustration. "Why does no one ever listen?"

"Okay, okay! I get it." John B exclaims.

"I have an idea." Sarah begins. "With me back, my dad's going to have to choose between me and Rafe. I know that he's going to choose me."

"Sarah, Ward just keeps lying to you." John B states.

"He's not gonna agree after everything that's been happening." Kie adds.

"No, I know it sounds crazy." Sarah stammers. "But he's my dad. And I know him, and I know he loves me. I'm just asking four two hours. Please?"

A silence falls over everyone as they glance at each other, unsure of what to do. Sarah takes this as an answer and pushes herself to her feet after sitting on a fallen tree the whole time. The Pogues watch as the blonde girl walks away and take the boat with her so that she's able to get to Tannyhill faster.

"I don't think this is a good idea." JJ mumbles.

"She sounds sure about it, so I trust her." John B tells them.

"I guess we just have to wait and see who Ward chooses." Pope states with a sigh.

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦