2 | stick and poke

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 2:

STICK AND POKE

"Want to get tattoos?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

OUTSIDE THE BORDERS of the Cameron household, three teenagers are crouched down with a bottle of spray paint gripped firmly in their hands. Delilah is the main person graffitiing the stonewalls, tongue resting on her bottom lips slightly as all of her focus is put into the work. Meanwhile, Kiara is adding a few touches to the lettering and Pope is keeping an eye out to make sure that they aren't caught.

"I'm not sure, but I think they can definitely see us from there." Pope informs as he eyes the house.

"Who cares?" Kie fires back. "They should be glad that we aren't setting the house on fire."

"Del, can you hurry up?" Pope urges.

"I'm nearly done, hold on." Delilah replies.

"Don't listen to him." Kie tells her as she turns to the boy. "Doesn't it piss you off? Even a little?"

"Of course it pisses me off!" Pope hisses. "I'm just... I'm just trying to channel my rage into different vectors right now, okay?"

Delilah rises to her feet as she finishes with the last of the spray paint, taking a few steps back to view the work that she's just made. The word 'MURDERERS' has been graffitied onto the dirty stonewalls in red lettering, trying to prove a point. Due to how long the three have been standing there, some of the wet paint has dripped down from the letters and slides further down the walls.

"Not bad." Kie says.

"I think somebody's up there." Pope informs. "Oh, shit! It's Rafe."

Delilah's head snaps up, gaze drifting over to where the large white house resides. She spots the Cameron son standing outside on the porch of his own home. Rafe's cold stare is locked onto the three teenagers standing outside of his family's property, watching them carefully as he doesn't move a muscle.

"We know what you did!" Kie shouts.

"What? Kie, stop!" Delilah exclaims.

"Murderers!" Kie continues.

"Now's not the time for that." Pope argues. "Are you serious right now?"

Noticing that the brunette girl is ignoring her friends demands, Pope reaches out and lets his arms snake around his waist as he pulls her away from the wall. The boy then directs them both back over to where the HMS Pogue is docked, making sure that they're all far away from Tannyhill and Rafe. One after the other, the three clamber onto the boat after untying the rope and setting sail back towards The Cut.