2 | the search for kie

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 2:

THE SEARCH FOR KIE

"Damn little sea spider

"Damn little sea spider."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE POGUES MANAGED to slip away from the scene untouched. They snuck through the crowded streets and found somewhere to hide, now currently surrounded by sand and old metal scraps. They sit upon a fallen log as the suns heat beats down onto them, drying their hair and clothes from the salty water that they were previously submerged in. A mixture of emotions hangs in the air, all relating to the fact that they were unable to do anything to stop Kiara from being captured right before their eyes.

"What the hell was that? Why would they want to kidnap Kiara?" Pope questions. "It doesn't make any sense."

"It's called bait." JJ informs.

"I am so sick of this." Sarah mutters. "Do you think there's any way we can trust the cops?"

"The cops?" JJ repeats with a scoff. "You're joking, right? You seriously think that your daddy hasn't called them already?"

Delilah remains silent. She paces back and forth, too lost in her own thoughts to pay much attention to the conversation. She tries to rack her brain for ideas on how they could get their best friend back, but she has no idea where to even start because they don't know where she's been taken too. In addition to that, they are currently stuck on an island that no one (except Cleo once) has visited before, so they can't afford to separate and risk losing each other.

At the sight of her pacing, JJ doesn't hesitate to reach out to take ahold of her hand and intertwine their fingers together. He gently pulls her body close to his own to hold her in his arms, which then drags her away from her train of thought and grounds her back in reality. Delilah looks up at him as a small smile tugs at the corners of her lips, finding comfort in his warm gaze.

"I have a crazy idea; why don't we call my parents?" Pope suggests.

John B sighs. "And say what, Pope?"

"That we're alive, I don't know!" Pope exclaims. "I haven't seen my family in so long. They're probably worried sick about me. We can just call and maybe ask them to wire us some money or something."

"And put them in danger?" John B questions.

Suddenly remembering the wallet that he previously stole on the plane, JJ digs it out from within one of his pockets. He then rummages inside the wallet in search for anything that will hopefully give them a clue as to where Kiara may be. This catches Delilah's attention as she casts her eyes over to him, finding herself being curious as to what is kept inside (apart from cash). JJ pulls out a card and briefly scans the information printed onto it before passing it over to the girl for her to read too.