3 | unexpected text

SEASON TWO,
CHAPTER 3:

UNEXPECTED TEXT

"You can't kill a Pogue

"You can't kill a Pogue."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

SCHOOL, a place that children and teenagers have to attend if they want to successfully achieve in life. It assesses students through the grades that they earn in an exams, which can then be used to get them into particular colleges and universities. However, it's a place that they all dread attending because it can be really mentally draining at time, especially if they're failing classes and being bullied. The four friends really don't want to return because they know that all attention will be put onto them after everything that has happened with John B and Sarah.

Kiara parks the car in the parking lot where they all climb out, shutting the door behind themselves just in time for the school bell to ring. JJ quickly takes another swig of alcohol from the metal bottle that he is, which he's been using for the majority of the trip to school. He then throws it into the backseats of the car again, knowing that he's not allowed it at school.

"Chill out." Pope instructs.

"If I black out, don't remind." JJ tells them.

"That's not funny." Kie informs.

Suddenly, at the sight of the four, voices drop down whispers as they all start to talk amongst each other and mention the whole situation. Many people even stop in their tracks just to watch intently. Different stories are drifting around the thick air as theories are made up due to the fact that no real information has been produced by the police. Investigations are still being conducted, so no one really knows what's truly happening behind the scenes.

Ahead of the small group of friends, a memorial has been made to honour John B. A yellow surfboard is propped up against the large rock in the middle of the grass, his full name spray painted in black. Many pictures of the teenager is stuck all around the area as a reminder to who he was, and also how happy his friends made him. Chalk drawings have been made onto the rock as different classmates link it to how they positively perceived him. As well as that, some flowers have been placed around the front of it all.

Delilah lets out a shaky breath to keep herself calm, not wanting to break down in front of everyone at the mere sight of the loving memorial. Her gaze drifts around their surroundings where her stomach begins to churn as she notices just how many people are curiously watching her and her friends. The girl curses herself for forgetting how challenging school is going to have to be for them — even more so than it was before summer break.

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie says.

"That's because they are." Delilah states. "Guys, I don't know if I can do this. I feel sick."