6 | like mother like daughter?

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 6:

LIKE MOTHER LIKE DAUGHTER?

"Didn't mean any disrespect, Mr Carrera

"Didn't mean any disrespect, Mr Carrera."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

BEING ON THE news is normally always a big to deal everyone, whether it's good or bad. Living on a small island means that it's easy to slither your way onto television, especially since there have always been fights between Kooks and Pogues or people being arrested for stealing or selling drugs. However, it becomes an even greater deal when more reporters pick up a story that they find particularly interesting or important; six teenagers and a father, who was presumed dead almost a year ago, is a huge story.

The group of 'missing' teenagers, on the other hand, could not care less about being spoken about in the news, their priorities remaining elsewhere. They are all gathered outside of the Château, but aren't joined by John B since he and his dad disappeared without saying a word, taking the Twinkie with them. JJ got frustrated about this, muttering about how John B leaves when they need him; Delilah's not surprised since this has happened for a second time now, the first being when JJ willingly took the fall for Pope and got himself arrested as a result.

"When I went back to Tannyhill, Rafe was on the phone with Ward, and he just kept saying 'my thing, this is my thing.' He had to be talking about the cross." Sarah explains.

"Absolutely." Pope replies in agreement.

"It's not even his, it belongs to Pope. The cross is from his ancestors, after all." Delilah states, bitterly.

"Yeah, but he's the one the stole the cross from us in the church. And he's the one that pulled it back onto the Coastal Ventures after I decided to drop it into the sea." Pope reminds with a sigh. "He believes that it belongs to him because he out all that effort in.

"He's an absolute piece of shit. He should've fallen into the ocean with the cross and got chopped up in the ship's propellers." Delilah rambles, receiving horrified looks in response. "Sorry, that was my inner demon speak—"

"Lila, respectfully, shut the fuck up." Kie interrupts.

"Yes, ma'am. Whatever you say, ma'am." Delilah quickly replies.

"There goes Kie stealing my girl again." JJ jokes.

A grin splits across Delilah's face. She slings an arm around JJ's shoulders, pulling his head closer before ruffling his blond hair to mess it up even more. JJ lightly tickles Delilah's side to get her let go of him; a yelp then tumbling past her lips before shortly being followed by her laughter filling the air.