19. complicating

Naina's pov

It was the next day and to be honest, I was as scared to go meet Ayaan as yesterday.

Even though we were chill, I know he was flirting and I knew I liked it but with everything going on... I don't know if it's right.

I wondered how things would be if I would just let go for a while, not give a care for others but only me. I was going to do what I felt was best for me, not what others thought.

I slipped into my white crop top and peach flair shorts. I threw on a large white shirt on top which was long enough to reach my shorts. I grabbed my slip-ons and put on my lipgloss and rushed out of the room immediately.

Like always, I was late and Tanya was going to kill me.

—————

We all had filled in our plates with breakfast and sat down at the table. I was careful to not sit in front or next to Ayaan. ....He was making me nervous!!

"Rohit pass me the salt!" I asked even though the salt was exactly in front of Ayaan. He had been looking at me which so much intensity that whenever I looked at him, my heart beat way too fast and I was tongue-tied. I had never felt like this before. Even all those years ago with him itself.

Ayaan picked the salt and raised his eyebrows as if asking me what I was doing. I tried not to look into his eyes and focus on the salt. I took it from his hand and immediately traced my hand back to myself.

I was acting like a teenager in front of her crush.

What was my deal? Uff.

After our breakfast, we had planned on going to stroll through the markets nearby. That's why I was wearing my over-sized shirt and goggles, so no one could pay much attention to me or recognise me.

Rohit and Tanya took one auto, and left Ayaan and me to take another. We sat in the tiny vehicle as it sped off.

"You cleaned up well, you look good." I smiled at Ayaan, trying to look calm but freaking out inside at my poor choice of words to flirt, who seemed a little taken aback at the compliment. He cleared his expressions with a Smirk and looked at me.

"Do I? So now I know you were checking me out?"

"Maybe" I smiled and looked away trying to keep my reddened cheeks from blushing more.

"What's with the shirt? isn't it too hot?" He asked.

" yeah but, it's part of my disguise. A shirt and goggles!!" I grinned and put on my googles.

"THAT is your 'disguise' ?" Ayaan blinked at me.

"Yeah?" I was confused but he just started laughing. ....a lot.

"Do you really think a shirt will fool the people from believing it's you?"

"It might idiot" I shouted, annoyed at him for laughing
At what I thought was pure genius.

He smiled.
Com'mon Naina . He was making an effort!
I smiled back.

We just spent the five minutes left to reach the market in silence. We both knew we were stealing glances but we didn't say anything. We just let our hearts clench in nervousness every time we looked at each other.