5. We will be okay

~ Honest feelings and bad timings make the most painful combination ~

Naina's pov

I pulled myself out of the bed only because now it had been quite a while since I went to college.

No. I wasn't crazy to not go because of Ayaan, I was down with viral. He had come to see me but I would have preferred if he wouldn't have.  I never said anything though.

It had been almost a week and a half since I had gone. He would generally come to see me every day for the earlier bit but then it got less.

I didn't know if that made me sad or not.
I still don't.

I was way better now, back to normal temperature but Tanya, being the great help that she was, took immense care of me. I loved her so much but she could be a real pain in the ass.

It was summers and I was not allowed to wear half sleeves. Sweatshirts it was!

I slipped into the most comfortable wear I could find and I left the house with a satisfied taani.

.......

I was walking slowly due to the tiredness of the viral but I was looking for Ayaan. I hadn't seen him since I had come here.

He knew I was back since I texted him this morning, but he hadn't come to meet me.

I was yearning to see him.

I entered the class with a heavy heart and suddenly my eyes shot up to the sound of the laugh that kept me awake sometimes

There he was. On our usual spot in the class.
With another girl.

My heart hurt but I smiled nevertheless. He looked at me and a smile crossed his lips as he jogged upto me and hugged me.

I hugged him lightly and smiled through the hurt.

"Now I see why you didn't come to see me!" I joked.

"Oh shutup. There's nothing like that." He said. "Common! Our spot awaits."

"No I think I'm sitting here today. Ananya seems pretty settled there!" I said in a hurt voice.

"Why do you sound so hurt?" He asked.

"I'm not hurt!" I pushed him to the seat. "Go on!"

He frowned and left to sit with Ananya and I sat down alone on the last seat, paying no attention to the lecture but only at the two sitting there.

He was smirking at her, she was leaning in and smiling. He was not letting go of her hand and she was blushing.

He did that with every girl didn't he? I felt horrible sitting there. Looking at them. And let my tears slip out and my heart get heavy. I rested my hand over my heart and patted it, trying just about anything to make myself feel any better.

I left the class as soon as the teacher left and darted to the washroom. I didn't wait up for him. I wasn't going to from now.

....

"Hey Nainu !" Ayaan suddenly said as he creeped up on me from the back. I was reading in the library, finishing up work I missed.

"Hey" I said in a small voice.

"Whatsup?"

He didn't even notice I left earlier.
He was so .....normal.

"Just, catching up on work!"