4. Feelings.

"what a plot twist you were!"

Naina's pov

It had been a month since our exams had gotten over. I thought that after the day Ayaan and I spent time in the carnival, it would go back to normal.

But it never did.

We still flirted with each other. It was pretty subtle, but it was there. He was more protective, more insecure. I liked that.

They were first signs of liking someone. right?

He would get jealous if I spoke to someone else and stopped giving him attention. He would get insecure if I spoke about another guy. He would randomly pull my cheeks  and tell me how much I meant to him.

But we were still not disclosing our feelings. I don't really know why he wasn't, but I surely did why I wasn't. I liked how things were kinda slow between us. I liked the attention I got from him, it made me feel good about myself. I liked attraction between us and I liked what was happening.

We both could literally talk about anything. It could be anything in this world and we could talk about it. We weren't ashamed, or shy. We were just true to ourselves and I loved that. I could be the totally weird human that I was, with him.

I was already freshened up and had left for college with taani. I was wearing my blue jeans and a hoodie, feeling all comfortable.

We reached our usual spot and I immediately sat next to Ro and kept my head on his shoulder, trying to catch some sleep.

"Isse kya hua?" Ro laughed and I whined

"Neend aa rahi hai. Your girlfriend thought it was a great idea to blast music in the house until 3am. Not my fault!" I said all annoyed

"Arey! You were the one who told me to play music!"

"One fucking song. Not one thousand!"

Taani laughed at me but didn't say sorry. And I knew she want going to. She was always annoying me.

My eyes were closed but I immediately recognised the perfume when it hit my nostrils. He was here. I didn't bother to open my eyes, I bit my inner cheek to keep from smiling and continued to use Ro as my pillow.

"Nainu?" Ro poked my cheek.

"Hmm" I hummed.

"I think you should join your gym again. Even your head feels heavy on my shoulder now!" Ro joked and I heard taani and Ayaan snicker and I heard someone high five someone.

"Why don't you hit the gym instead. Beth Beth ke mota ho gaya hai." I retorted still not bothering to get up.

"Naina get up." Virat said. He never called me Naina anymore. I immediately opened my eyes and gave him a confused look.

I straightened as I saw his face set in an annoyed expression.

"What?" I lightly asked. He didn't answer.

Tanya immediately changed the topic and I was still confused. He was so weird. He was laughing two minutes ago, then he suddenly got serious. How does that switch even take place so quick?

We left for our classes and Ayaan left, not even waiting for me. I jogged to catch up with him and as soon as I did, my words came off more rude than I expected.

"what the fuck is that attitude? Loose it!"

"You loose your attitude. Don't talk to me like that." He said, suddenly more hurt.