6. Done with you

~ You broke my heart but then, I learnt to love you with all the pieces~

Naina's pov.

"are you fucking crazy?" Tanya screamed at me as she chucked a cushion my way.

"I don't think I'm going to go. I don't want to." I lowered my head with shame. Things feelings had done to me.

Also, the fact that feelings brought me shame now. I was so happy about liking Ayaan a few months back and now, I was ashamed and hurt.

Things time does.

"YOU CANNOT DO THAT!" Rohit screamed too

"Why not haan? I don't want to go for the grad dinner that's it!" I got up to argue.

"What's the matter with you Naina. Really! What the actual hell are you on about?" Tanya, with the most disappointed voice, said to me.

"I....I can't!" I closed my eyes and tucked my head into my bare hands.

"Why not?" Rohit asked softly.

"I can't see him with Ananya. I know it sounds stupid and petty, but...but it's a reason. My heart aches. It's like someone held my heart in their hand and thought it was a punching bag." I laughed.

"Why do you do this?" Tanya asked

"Do what?"

"If you are hurt, why don't you show it to others? You keep it within you. You always think no one around you cares much about you. You hold everything within yourself and continue to hurt. You don't hold grudges because you forgive but you never forget. You ache, but you put on a smile and tell the world that you're perfectly okay. Why? Why do you do this to yourself Naina?"

I was slightly in tears as I heard Tanya. I didn't realise I was crying until Rohit Tucked me in his embrace and my head was buried in his arms. I finally let go. Let go of whatever it was that held me up.

I sank to the floor with tears in my eyes just spilling out, leaving me so alone. It was as if my sand castle, held up with all my emotions and strength, finally got hit by a wave of emotions. It broke me. Completely, with no real chance of redemption. But these two standing in front of me, they were ready with their tools to rebuild me.

"Taani! It isn't his fault. He didn't even know. How can I blame him for this. For not having feelings for me? I can't Rohit! It's not fair to him. I don't even blame him! I just... I pity myself. Why did I ever have to fall in love with him?"

"You fell in ...love? I thought it was a mere crush all this while..." Rohit asked stupidly.

"Ofcourse I love him! Why would I react to this extent if I didn't? If he was just a crush, I would have moved on way sooner. I ...I love him!" I answered, still crying.

Tanya hugged me suddenly. She let me cry and both of them just held me, giving me all the strength in the world.

"It's your birthday baby, you don't deserve this. You can't cry like this. But this doesn't give you the chance to miss such an important day of your life. You are coming. I don't want to hear otherwise." Tanya softly said as she wiped my tears.

"You are entering with Tanya and me. We don't care what you think or want. That's it. Matters settled." Rohit said with determination.

"I don't want to spoil your night guys...."

"You won't be! We swear. You'll probably keep her from being too boring!" He whispered and laughed.

"Heyyy!" Taani slapped his arm.