Louis wanted to tell him he was perfect for this job. That he was proud of him. He couldn't say anything as the reality hit him. This was what Harry had tried to tell him. Harry had tried to share a piece of his life with him before anyone else and Louis wouldn't listen.

He didn't deserve him.

He caught Harry's eye for a moment. Harry looked to him as if he had been waiting for his reaction to the news. Louis gave him a quaint smile before lowering his gaze.

"Now if only I could get Zayn to help with the set artwork." Lottie aggressively hinted to Zayn that his talents were going to waste. Louis agreed, but Zayn was one of his best players and he didn't know how he felt about Zayn focusing his energies elsewhere. Maybe Louis was selfish, but he was terrified of things not working out according to plan.

"Yeah. Right. This school couldn't afford me." He teased back, afraid to consider the possibility.

"Well, that and it'd have to be one hell of a broody musical for Zayn to work his magic," Niall added. "Something Tim Burton would approve of."

"Dick." Zayn chuckled back.

"That's one school function I'd actually attend," Liam added half-seriously.

"Well Lottie, if you've quite finished poaching my teammates for your little show. Can we talk about something a little less boring." Louis couldn't help the words coming out of his mouth as he watched his friends support the two boys.

"You're such an ass." Lottie threw her body back in her chair in protest of her brother's behavior.

He couldn't focus on his sister's pouting as he noticed Harry's face fall to the ground. He was sitting with knees up and his head hanging low between them. Nobody else seemed to notice the light in his eyes go out.

"Don't be a hater." Anna stuck up for Louis' sister as gentle as humanly possible for someone with Anna's temper.

"I just don't see the fascination." Louis tried to dig himself out of the hole he put himself in.

"For someone as dramatic as you are, you'd think it'd be your thing." Lottie raised an eyebrow at her older brother, watching to see how far she could push him.

"Yeah, Lou. Maybe you should think about auditioning." Zayn poked fun at Louis for the hell of it.

"Well, I might be there with him." Niall stood up. "I've been taking drama for a few weeks. I think I've mastered the art. Lottie, can I get some assistance?" He held his hand out to the younger girl.

Lottie smiled cheek to cheek as she left her chair. "Okay first rule of improv. Anyone know?" Niall searched the group for answers like they were part of his master class. Louis got comfortable in his seat. This was going to be good.

The sun was setting behind the two blondes as they all watched whatever performance was brewing. "Always say yes!" Niall yelled out as if the answer were obvious. "Okay, someone set the scene. Where we at?" Niall was beaming.

"The grocery," Harry shouted enthusiastically like it was a great idea.

"Hell!" Louis answered un-ironically.

Niall pointed at Louis as if that was the right answer. "Hell, it is!" Niall clapped his hands together and got into character.

The entire group had their eyes glued to the pair as they waited for the show to start. "Hello, welcome to Hell, do you have a reservation?" Niall asked Lottie in his most professional voice.

"Why yes, yes I do." Lottie followed the rule. "Party of one for eternity?" Lottie pretended to check the list Niall was holding.

"I'm not seeing you on the list. Who did you talk to?" Niall scratched his head.

"Well, I talked to Mr. Morningstar himself!" Lottie put her hands on her hips. This performance was far less dreadful than Louis expected.

"Hmm. I'm not finding you in the system. I may need to ask you a few questions." Niall eyed her up and down suspiciously.

Lottie perked up confidently. "Well fine! Ask me anything you want! I got just as much right to be here as anyone else on your little list!" She raised her voice at the boy.

"It says here that you've exclusively dated men. Is this accurate?" Niall asked her with a bewildered look.

"That's correct."

"So you are not a homosexual?"

"Yes, that's correct," Lottie answered.

Louis was afraid of what his friends would think of the joke but they all found it hilarious. Including Harry. "Well, we did have a spot open in the VIP section, I, however, am only permitted to offer the spot to our homosexual visitors." He had a defeated look similar to the one most workers in the service industry wear.

"You seemed to be dressed modestly. Both shoulders completely concealed. I'm afraid you may be overdressed!" Niall added apologetically and the whole group giggled.

"This is ridiculous! There must be someone else I can speak to! I never tipped more than eight percent when I went out to eat, I constantly used my religion to belittle others, and I never recycled!" Lottie counted on her fingers.

"Ahh! I see the problem. People like you are actually all upstairs! This place is just for the gays and the feminists." He shrugged his shoulders. "I'd be more than happy to escort you upstairs."

Lottie looked genuinely upset. "Well- I- I don't want to go there! Those people sound awful." She stomped her foot.

Niall shrugged awkwardly and clicked his tongue. "Yeah...Enjoy your eternity!" Niall pushed the girl away playfully and then took a bow and ended their skit.

Everyone rightfully clapped for the pair. Louis clapped the loudest. He had no idea how talented his sister really was. He never took that stuff seriously.

"Alright. That was brilliant." Louis complimented Niall after the laughing and applaud subsided. "Why the fuck have I been taking wood tech instead of whatever the hell they've been teaching this one?"

Louis noticed Harry perked up again and was even blushing a bit at the older boy's comment.

"Don't kid us." Anna teased. "We all know how much you like working with wood."

Louis laughed at a volume he didn't know was possible. He liked the people he was around at this moment.

All his fears of rejection and disappointment faded away as the golden sun turned the sky a pink similar to the shade on the beautiful boys' cheeks.

***

Pick someone who's supportive! ☺️

If you're enjoying, please hit that vote button and leave me a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!