The Swedish Short-Snout

Start from the beginning

"That is a good thing, I guess", Mioha mumbled to herself as she hopped over the fence out of the paddock, Viktor Krum running past her again with a scowl on his face.
"The female student body of Hogwarts will get fitter due to stalking the Quidditch Star Viktor Krum."
She laughed quietly and went to Hagrid's cabin to refill the barrels.

Faster than Mioha had expected, November the 17th had arrived, which was a Thursday. That meant that she was excused from her morning classes that day, as she would be busy with the four dragons arriving.

According to Professor McGonagall, they were expecting a Hungarian Horntail, a Swedish Short-Snout, a Chinese Fireball, and a Wyvern. The Swedish Short-Snout would arrive first.

At seven o'clock sharp, Mioha stood deep in the Forbidden Forest before a large glade that had been cleared of trees. There were four enormous cages out of metal, plus strong shields shimmering on their gates. The four cages were positioned a half circle. In front of the four cages was a large red X painted onto the ground, a large red circle around it. That marked the spot where the dragons would be arriving.

Next to Mioha stood Professor McGonagall, whose face was as stern as ever, and Hagrid, while they waited for the dragons.

There was a loud crack and a red-haired man suddenly appeared out of nowhere, landing in the X and holding a Portkey in his hand.

"Any second now", he said in a hurried voice and jumped to the side, drawing his wand out.

Professor McGonagall swiftly pulled out her wand as well, while Hagrid got his pink umbrella ready.

Mioha's mouth went dry in anxiety, her heart was beating so strongly in her chest she feared it would burst at any moment.

It was eerily quiet.

Then with a deafening crack, an enormous dragon appeared, wrapped in thick, iron chains held by a dozen wizards and witches. The dragon had silvery-blue scales and white horns, yet no spikes on its back. The claws were as long as Mioha's elbow and gleamed sharply in the morning light.

Mioha stared into the blue eyes of the dragon, its pupils contracted cat-like.

Then the noise reached her ears.

The dragon was roaring furiously through its chained snout, whipping its head around and lashing out with its tail, the sharp tip ripping through trees and nearly hitting a wizard.

"Get it down!", someone shouted and they all pulled at the chains with all their might, trying to force the dragon down.

Chains were preventing the dragon from spewing fire, but Mioha saw in its blazing eyes that it would not give up. Its wings were pressed to its body as well, long leathery blue wings that looked bigger than a tent.

"Miss Lince!", the red-haired man shouted, jumping back to avoid getting impaled by the dragon's tail.
"Calm it down!"

That ripped Mioha from her frozen state.
"I-", she stammered.

There was no way she could calm a beast such as that dragon. Its only wish was to kill everyone.

"Jess!", Hagrid yelled into her ear, "you can do it!"

Mioha looked fearfully into his eyes and saw him nodding at her.

She squared her shoulders.

She couldn't let them down.

Mioha stepped forward and the dragon's head snapped around as it saw her in reach of its tail. It lashed the tail into her direction, Mioha having to throw herself onto her stomach to escape being smashed back.