Chapter 14

Chico

Waking up to the amazing smell of Crystal’s hair, I smiled. When we got to my house we were tired as fuck last night. Crys made sure not to wake up my mom.

I swear those two are like two peas in a pod. It be making me mad because she totally forgets about me when my mom’s around but I don’t mind. 

It’s adorable.

I didn’t want to wake Crystal up by moving but I did want to make her breakfast so I slowly slid from under her.

We didn’t even take a shower last night, we went straight to sleep. I shook my head and laughed silently to myself.

Walking downstairs, I saw my momma reading the newspaper in the living room. 

I kissed her cheek, “Hey mom.”

"Boy put on a shirt, you know you’re not supposed to be just walking around showing off your goodies."

I chuckled and nodded, “Alright ma, I gotchu. You want some breakfast though?”

"Where’s my girl at? That’s the only time you would get up early to cook. Any other time, I would be eating breakfast at two in the afternoon."

I waved her off, “She upstairs asleep. So DON’T wake her up.”

All of a sudden, I heard footsteps running up the stairs. I shook my head. 

I could’ve sworn I just told her not to wake Crystal up.

Pulling some pans out of the cabinet, I grabbed some pancake mix, eggs and bacon out of the pantry and fridge.

I put the stove on it’s set number for the pancake mix on one side and the eggs and bacon on the other.

I felt small arms wrap around me and smiled.

"Hey baby," she spoke groggily.

"Man, I wanted you to wake up to a good breakfast but noooo. My mom just had to ruin it."

"Oh hush boy," I heard my mama say as she came down the stairs, "you know she loves you either way."

"She’s right," Crystal said as she pecked my lips and followed my mom to the living room.

The two leading women in my life. They drive me nuts but I gotta love ‘em.

A few seconds later, I hear them talking and laughing it up. See what I mean? She just be completely ignoring me when my mom’s around.

Finishing up the food, I set it up neatly on the plate because I know Crystal hates when food is touching (unless it’s Chinese food). I practically threw my food on my plate because I don’t want hers and my moms to get cold.

I pulled out some syrup for all of us and took our plates in the living room. Giving everyone their plate, I sat next to Crystal and kissed her cheek.

"Aw, thank you baby. This looks so good. I love blueberry pancakes!" she squealed.

Drowning my pancakes in syrup, I replied, “I know it baby, I remember everything.” I winked at her causing her to giggle.

We all dug in once the ladies poured syrup on their pancakes and we all prayed together. I don’t mean to be full of myself but this shit is hittin’!

"Mmm…" my mom licked over her lips after taking her first bite. I chuckled. I guess I’m not the only one that thinks that.

When I tell you I was grubbin’… my food was done in less than three minutes! I was hungry.