Chapter 23

Chris

She walked past me after I said 'hi' for like the third time this week.

I know I said I wasn't gonna pressure her into forgiving me and talking to me again but that shit is hard when we see each other five days out of the week. And we share majority of the classes together.

It's not even like I'm trying to have a full blown conversation either. I'm just trying to be on good terms.

But she doesn't even look at me when she passes by in the hallways and she moved away from the table we usually sat at in class and at lunch. Shit is all bad.

I walked into my next class and she was already seated across the room from my table. She had her headphones blasting just like when she first got to this school.

I was about to walk up to her but Nolen's dumbass decided to jump on me, almost making me fall.

"Wassup foo'?" He dapped me up and sat down next to Terrae who was already seated also.

I rubbed my hand over my face, "Shit nothing I guess. What y'all doing tonight though? Raye wanna go somewhere."

"Mm...." Terrae rolled her eyes causing me to sigh. I know India told her all about what happened because now she's barely talking to me. And whenever she does, it's dry as fuck.

"I don't know, what chu wanna do babe?" Nolen wrapped his hands around her shoulder but she seemed so annoyed.

"Nothing if that hoe is gonna be there." I probably should have expected that, I don't even know why I asked. Damn, I can't hang with none of my niggas because their girlfriend's is close to India somehow. None of them like me right now.

And August... I'm not even gonna speak on that nigga.

Speaking of him though, Kayla started coming back to school. I don't know why she stopped in the first place but she looks really tired all of the time and has to use the restroom in like every class.

Sometimes she gets in trouble because the teachers don't let her but she goes anyways.

I don't even know why they treat us like we're some little ass kids. We're about to graduate soon.

Well, most of us anyways...

I'm gonna miss playing basketball for this school but I've gotten a lot of offers from colleges already. I just have to find out which one I like. I might go out of state and start off fresh somewhere.

Raye probably wouldn't like that but she's not my girl... officially.

But I guess you can say that she might as well be. We act like we're together and she fucks me like I'm her nigga.

But when I tell you that my mom hates her guts...

She wouldn't even let this girl in the house one time. She bluntly said 'go away' and I had to go open the door once I got out of the shower. She's never done that to anyone.

I can't tell you how many times I had to apologize to my mom for yelling at her last week.

Everything was so hectic and stressful but I made it up to her and I took her out to dinner. She loved it because she got to dress up and on top of that, it was her favorite restaurant. But we also had a long talk about things.

She wasn't too fond when I told her that Raye's gonna be around a lot more but she said that she could deal with it. I think she only said that so I wouldn't get upset and make that night end up terrible.

I believed her ass but she makes it KNOWN that she doesn't like Raye. Like she would cook and not dish out Raye's food or totally ignores Raye's existence or compliments that she gives to get on my mom's good side.