Chapter 19: Part 2

Chris

I sighed and rubbed my hands over my face as August drove. 

Haven’t spoken to this nigga in a minute and on top of that, my girl was kidnapped. And I almost fucked another bitch. What the hell was I thinking?

My leg was shaking rapidly and my hand never left my gun. I was ‘bout ready to light a nigga up. I knew I shouldn’t have let her go.

My instincts told me not to but I didn’t want to upset her so my dumbass said yes. Ugh, I’m so fucking stupid.

"Don’t beat ya self up," August said swiftly looking at me then back at the road. He don’t fucking understand what I’m feeling right now. This is all my fault and now there’s no telling what that nigga Dez can be doing to her right now.

I tried to take my mind off of the worse scenarios. I hoped and prayed that she is alright. I never even got to tell her I love her.

After all this time, I’ve never admitted to her that I love her. Not once.

My pride was too fucking high. I haven’t been appreciating her enough. Other bitches like Raye shouldn’t even cross my mind. I should have trust in her and know that she’s not fucking around because India isn’t like that. Simple.

Speaking of Raye, I’m still wondering how the fuck she knew who August is.

I looked at him, “How you know Raye?”

"Well… I…"

He acting like I don’t know what he about to say, “You fucked her.” He looked at me with apologetic eyes. I don’t know why though. She not my girl and he ain’t know.

"I thought you was with Kayla now?"

His eyes widened, “I mean… she ain’t my guh.”

"I thought we was bros though. How could you be fucking my ex?"

"Don’t e’en play that shit. Ya ass actin’ like ya ain’t been fuckin’ India when ya ass knew how I felt."

I looked at him like he was crazy, “Hold the fuck up, cuz. When I caught feelings for India, I ain’t know y’all had shit going on. And even so, she wasn’t your girlfriend or your ex! Me and her shared mutual feelings. And we never had sex either so don’t try to compare yo situation with mine because it ain’t the same!”

"Yeah, whateva yo." The rest of the car ride was silent. I can’t believe this nigga tried me on that lame shit.

He lucky we have to work together to get India back or I wouldn’t even be near this fake ass nigga. We had already called up Nolen and Marcus and as soon as they heard what was going on, they got their strap and were waiting for us.

Crystal was worried sick about her sister and Terrae kept telling us to bring our friend back when August was telling them what happened on the phone. 

Crystal was really hostile towards August for some reason but she made it known that she wanted her sister back safe or it was going to be our ass. I wasn’t trying to try her up. She was strong like her sister. I could tell.

India was strong but how could she handle all of this. I wasn’t there to protect her.

Punching the part of the car in front of me, I slumped down in my seat and let out a frustrating sigh. I know August probably thinking ‘nigga stop hitting my car’ but I honestly couldn’t give two shits right now.

He decided to pull up to Marcus’ crib first so it wouldn’t be so awkward I guess. He was usually the mediator.

Once we pulled up, I called him to tell him that we were here. A couple of seconds later, he walked outside and walked to the car after kissing Crystal goodbye. She looked worried as hell and to be honest, I was too but I just wasn’t trying to show it.