Chapter 24

Kayla

I slowly attempted to ease off of the bed where August and I slept. It was hard because he had his arm around my waist. He shifted a little but didn't wake up before I finally was able to remove myself fully.

I stepped off of the bed and grabbed my phone off the night stand before tiptoeing out of the bedroom. After quietly closing the door, I checked the time on my phone and it didn't even feel like 2:45AM.

Putting on my slippers, I walked out onto the backyard porch and shut the sliding glass door. I unlocked my phone and scrolled down to Lauren's name before clicking the call button.

The phone rang a few times until she finally picked up in a groggy voice.

Lauren: Mm, what's up girl?

Me: What do you mean 'what's up'? You were supposed to call me last night!

Lauren: Oh shit, was I? My bad girl, what's up?

Me: So, where did August go yesterday while I was at school?

Lauren: Strip club.

Me: *smacks lips* I knew it!

Lauren: Mhm.

Me: So did he try to hit on you like I thought?

Lauren: Mm, more then that. *laughs*

Me: What the fuck?! What happened?

Lauren: Well, he thought I was a stripper so we went in one of them private rooms and I did a little dance or whatever–

Me: Yeah, but y'all ain't do nothing right?

Lauren: ...about that. See, when I reached into his pants, I just couldn't say no.

Me: YOU REACHED INTO HIS PANTS?!? AND THE FUCK YOU MEAN YOU COULDN'T SAY NO?! YOU MUST HAVE FORGOT THAT THIS IS MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Lauren: *chuckles* Not with the way he was fucking me.

Me: Fuck you. Nasty STD ass hoe.

Lauren: Girl, if I got an STD then you do too since he was all up in me.

Me: Don't let me catch you any fucking where you stupid bitch!

I angrily hung up the phone and sank down to the ground crying. I can't believe I'm pregnant with this man's baby and he's still going around fucking any bitch that'll give it to him. And believe me, it's a lot.

Even if he doesn't know that I'm still pregnant, he shouldn't be going around making me look stupid because I haven't fucked with no other nigga since I got involved with him.

And I wouldn't fuck with no other nigga because I really care about August. But I guess it's not mutual like I thought.

I can't believe I'm so stupid.

Unlocking my phone, I capriciously called a number that I thought I was never gonna have to call again. Once he answered, I was so happy that he was awake.

"Hello?" he answered in a voice that told me that I had woke him up. Damn, I love his sleepy voice.

Me: Chris?

Chris: Who's this?

Me: You deleted my number??

Chris: Obviously if i'on know who this is.

Me: *chuckles* Same old Chris.

Chris: I'm 'bout to hang up on yo mystery ass if you don't tell me who the fuck you are.