27 | well, well, well

Start from the beginning

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ reminds.

"If you believe that. But she's like what, 85? She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah argues.

"She's got a point, you know?" Delilah agrees.

"Here, I'll go with you." Kie offers.

"Delilah, do you want to come? I mean, you want to be like Barbie and the Three Musketeers." Sarah comments.

"You're right, I do." Delilah replies, jokingly. "But no, it'll be harder to sneak around with three people. I might as well help the boys."

"Okay, we'll wait for your signal." Pope informs the two girls, deciding to go with that plan.

"Be safe." John B whispers.

"We will." Sarah assures.

The pair walk away and start to sneak their way over to the porch like Sarah had stated. Every single one of the teenagers need to follow the plan for this all to work like they want it to. JJ looks over at the rest of his friends, reaching out and gently grabbing ahold of Delilah and Pope's faces to turn towards him.

"Be safe." JJ mocks.

"I'll be so safe." Pope assures.

"I'll be safe for you." Delilah whispers.

"Can you guys stop? Stop!" John B hisses. "I'm gonna kill the three of you."

"But how would that keep us safe?" Pope questions.

John B's eyes narrow as he shoots them hard glares in response, not bothering to fuel their comments and say anything verbally. He's slightly annoyed that they're trying to make fun of him for caring about his girlfriend and one of their best friends — especially when they're at the Crain House out of all places. But the boy knows that they're just trying to make light out the dull situation.

After a couple of minutes, the front porch lights turn off and the four take that as their cue to go ahead with the rest of the plan. Subconsciously, Delilah slips her hand into JJ's to help provide comfort as she realises just exactly what they're doing. She lets the blond boy lead her through the overgrown grass and back underneath the house.

The floorboards are removed from over the well once again, allowing them to stare down at it. John B and Pope start setting the rope up alongside it to ensure that the individuals travel down the well is safe and secure. JJ double checks that all of the knots are as tight as they can be and won't undo anytime soon, whereas Delilah just stands there and monitors.

"Holy crap, do you guys know what this is?" JJ asks them all. "It just hit me."

"What?" Delilah questions, looking up at him as her hand slips from his.

"This is C.H.U.D." JJ replies.

"What is he talking about, Red?" John B asks.

"I don't have a clue." Delilah admits.

"Cannibalistic humanoid unground dwellers? Have you guys not seen that film?" JJ continues.

"Can't say I have, no." Pope replies.

"That's kinda grim if you ask me." Delilah says.

"It's actually a good film. It's about cannibals that live in the sewers and under New York City, and it's like—" JJ rambles.

"Sounds a lot like IT." Delilah says, interrupting him.

"Shut up!" John B demands, trying to get back to the topic. "How deep do you think this well is, Pope?"