Chapter 13

Mark had insisted that he drive so that Yeri could focus on locating Jisung. Everyone piled into his car that was thankfully just big enough for the five of them, but three of them had to squish in the back.

Haechan, Hyeongjun, and Felix, in that order, were the ones in the back, that way Yeri could be in the front to guide Mark.

Hyeongjun noticed how shaky Felix was, who was sat beside him. He could relate to what the other was feeling. Felix was staring out the window, but his hand was tight around his own thigh. The younger felt bad and was scared for the older.

"Hey," he silently whispers, so that the other three who were in deep conversation with the navigation, didn't hear. Felix moves his head to look at the younger, with wide eyes. "Don't be scared. We will get your brother back. Yeri and Haechan are really great people, you should trust them." Hyeongjun goes back to staring out the front windshield from his seat in the middle, the shyness taking over again.

The small voice shocked Felix, so much that it distracted him from his own worries for a moment. He could tell the kid didn't talk to anyone except Haechan. He was scared of everyone that came near him. It also gave him a sense of relief, as well. The younger was right, he should trust Haechan and Yeri because they seemed confident in helping him out.

It was then at that moment he had completely forgotten that Chan would be home soon. He wouldn't really think much of the others not being at home, since they had a tendency to leave for a couple of days for no reason and then come back. Except this time, it was different. So Felix sends a quick text to the older who acted as a brother to him, informing him they were all out for the night. He didn't want to worry him because what good would that do. It would only cause mayhem when they were supposed to be laying low.

He just hoped they could get them back in time and safely. Oh god, what if Jeongin was scared?  What if he was hurt?! The youngest of the group was only 12, being Chan's actual brother. If they don't get Jeongin back, Chan will actually kill him.

"Okay, we're here." Yeri's voice breaks him out of his deep thoughts. "We have to stop here and walk the rest of the way."

"I'll stay in the car for a quick getaway," Mark announces. It would be easier if the group wasn't as big and Mark figured he would only get in the way of their powers if he went along. He made sure to warn them that if they weren't out in a couple of hours, he would call the police. Haechan rolled his eyes at the other, but was secretly immensely grateful he had Mark there.

Anxiety heightens in Felix as they get out of the car and scan their surroundings. It was a small, quiet neighborhood, but it was easy to tell that this was a town next to factories and warehouses. How cliche, he thought to himself.

They all began walking and knots formed in the boy's stomach. This place felt familiar, almost like he had seen this in a dream. His feet began to feel like bricks, as the street slowly revealed itself in his memories.

No. No, no, no, no. He couldn't be here. This was where it had all started.

The vivid flashbacks of the giant black van with the loud rumbling engine idling in front of his and brother's childhood home. The shouts of his mother trying to stop them from taking her children from her, echo in his head.

He was in his bedroom playing with his favorite red toy truck, the back wheel slightly crooked and the one side scratched from the time they threw the truck out the window to see how far it would fly. Felix and Jisung weren't expecting their angry father to loudly barge into their room and grab ahold of their small wrists, dragging them out with confused and worried expressions.

Confusion. Anger. Sadness.

The feeling of the way his mother clawed at their father's tight grip, etched into the boy's memory like a scar that won't go away. She begged for the big scary men to not take the two boys away. Leave them alone, she would say. They were only children.

The loud, angry shout that came from their father was followed by the fragile scream of their mother as he dropped their wrists and traded it for her wrist. She was dragged from them and the last time Felix saw his mom was with a face of horror. He was a smart kid, but he had wished he wasn't and he wished he didn't know that his father killed her that night.

The two small boys sat there confused and scared, tears streaming down their faces. They should have been more aware of what was to come when the big scary men grabbed a hold of the two boys. They should have gotten up and run to the neighbor's house. It was too late, though. Their fate was sealed as the big, scary van drove off with two small children on their way to become powerful weapons with broken lives.

A soft hand wraps it's way around Felix's hand, bringing him back to reality. It was only the past. Felix looks over at Hyeongjun's soft, worried expression, as his mind clears the fogginess from the memory and brings himself completely to the present. The past was gone, Felix didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Unbeknownst to the younger, Felix's anxiety was eased by the silent comfort. It intrigued him, but, also, he was grateful for it.