Chapter 2

Yeri came over the next day, after Haechan's return. Part of the reason was to visit Kun, since they were practically siblings. Yeri gave him a whole lecture on how stupid it was for him to try to block the bullet that almost took his life. She was grateful Haechan had protection, but that meant Kun could have died. Yeri just wanted everyone to be safe.

When she met everyone, the dreamies took to her instantly, especially Chenle and Jisung. As soon as they found out that she loved the movie Mean Girls, it was over for everyone. They were enamored by all of the stories she told them about America and how different their two countries were. The younger ones then proceeded to beg Taeyong if they could relocate. That was a hard no from their leader.

Things finally died down and they all dispersed to do their own thing. This gave Haechan a moment to finally talk to Yeri about her text.

"Oh yeah! You won't believe it! So, I was walking down the street to leave the grocery store with my mom– well Kun's mom– and this kid just completely runs me over. So, I ask him if he's okay and he looks up at me with the biggest, tear filled eyes. He was begging me to help hide him, but then I heard his heart like how I found you." Yeri rambled on. When she finished the story of the unknown kid, Haechan matched her excitement.

"So, he's a super? This is good. We should help him. What's his name?" Haechan asked. He was ready to go meet another person like them. It sounded like he was a run away as well and was being chased by wherever he had come from. The kid was most likely terrified.

"That's the thing," Yeri says while nibbling on her bottom lip. "After we took him to my mom's house, he stayed silent, only using the nodding of his head to communicate. So, we don't know much."

Haechan decided on going over to her house to meet him, hoping that if he sees someone else who is like him maybe he would feel more comfortable.

Mark insisted on joining him, as well as Kun, since he wanted to visit his mom. They informed the rest of the gang that they would be out for the day, even if they didn't pay attention to their absence. That was mainly the guys in the game room who had a video game competition to partake in.

"So, this guy has powers?" Mark asks, curiously.

"Apparently, but we don't know for sure except that he has the same heart rate as Yeri and I." Haechan began explaining some more information on what being a super was like. Being in America helped him learn more about himself and become more confident in his powers. It was mainly thanks to Yeri.

They finally arrived at Kun's mother's house. Everyone decided it would be best if Haechan went to meet the kid by himself and not overwhelm him by the amount of people in their group.

The kid was residing in one of the small guest bedrooms upstairs and it was so quiet that it didn't seem like he was still in the room. With hesitation in his movements, Haechan quietly knocks on the door, hoping for a response.

To his luck, there was a small 'come in' from the other side. Haechan smiles real quick for being happy he succeeded, but then puts on a calm facade as enters the room.

The room wasn't too small, but he noticed that white walls were barren except a small picture frame with a drawing of a flower inside of it. The bed was made neatly with a brown duvet laid on top. In front of the bed, however stood the boy. He looked to be ready to take any orders and had his guard up high. This worried Haechan, but he knew the feeling all too well.

"Hey, you can sit down if you want. You don't need to be scared. I'm Haechan." He decides to replicate what Taeyong had done when he first was introduced to the gang and sits down on the floor in front of the boy. The other follows suit and sits in front of Haechan.

Haechan noticed the fear jumping around in his big, round eyes. It hurt him to see the smaller one so scared.

It was mainly just silence for a bit, as the older didn't want to scare the other. They took turns taking in the other's appearance and for Haechan, he was trying to find the right words to say.

"I'm like you. I am a lab experiment that got the forced with chemicals and medications all to give me super powers." His words made the younger look at him curiously. "The girl you met, she has powers, too. She has sensitive hearing so she could hear the rhythm of your heart beat, which goes half a beat slower. I just found that out recently. Did you know that?" The younger shakes his head.

Haechan was trying hard not to show how proud he was that he got some interactions out of the other. Even if it was only a head movement in response.

"Do you have powers? I have two: teleportation and telekinesis. Watch this." He heard some of the others were outside and so he decided to walk over to the window, the kid following his movements with his eyes. "Come over here, I want to show you something."

Timidly, the younger walks up to him. The two were both watching the scene out the window where Mark, Yeri, and Kun were all standing in the backyard. Haechan points at his boyfriend, then with his mind, he makes him fall on his butt. Mark, with a confused expression, looks around. It seemed like he knew it was Haechan, but he didn't know where the younger was.

A small, quiet giggle escapes from the boy next to Haechan, which made him turn to look at the source in surprise. He made a noise! It was exciting for him that he was able to get that out of him.

"That's my boyfriend, Mark. He's a lot of fun to mess with," Haechan explains, a smile painted on his face. "They're really nice, would you like to meet them?" The younger holds a small smile on his face in response. It was something and Haechan was proud.

The older begins to lead them out of the room, but before he could walk through the doorway of the room, a small tug on his arm caused him to stop and turn.

"I'm Hyeongjun."